Projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projectors

Hey I'm sure this has probably been asked before (but I can't find it anywhere) What are your favorite projectors for DVD's & who's got 'em? Opinions?

Thanks,

P.
    Jim Pashley
    The FEAR FACTORY
    www.thefearfactorynj.com
    855-NJ HAUNT
    sigpic
    "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Gaming projector

Best Buy has a gaming projector that's 3000 lumens and projects an 8' image from a distance of only 5'. Good for restricted space.
    Link:
    http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...=1218397392575
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I bought one last year for 50 bucks at goodwill.com. Used projectors from grade schools show up there from timt to time. I used it for a stairs ghost projection.
      Mick

http://www.deathecho.com

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRattle View Post
        I bought one last year for 50 bucks at goodwill.com. Used projectors from grade schools show up there from timt to time. I used it for a stairs ghost projection.
        Can it also work for your vermin DVD?

C.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
          Can it also work for your vermin DVD?

C.
          Need 3000 lumens or better for that one.
          Mick

Comment

Good to know...

Hey DR,
            Thanks for that info on the lumens...did not know that! The search is on!

P.
            Jim Pashley
            The FEAR FACTORY
            www.thefearfactorynj.com
            855-NJ HAUNT
            sigpic

Comment

Need 3000 lumens or better for that one.
              Ah. Indeed.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
                Ah. Indeed.

C.
                Too clarify, it does depend on application. 3000 Lumens or better if you wanted to project spiders on a roof (40 ft away and 20 ft giant spiders). 1000 lumens would be fine for say projecting on the floor from the ceiling 8 ft away.
                Mick

Comment

Too clarify, it does depend on application. 3000 Lumens or better if you wanted to project spiders on a roof (40 ft away and 20 ft giant spiders). 1000 lumens would be fine for say projecting on the floor from the ceiling 8 ft away.
                  That was the original intent. I would never dream of projecting huge spiders on a roof or side of a building. That would give the game away. "Oh, look, big spiders . . . probably using a projector . . . neat." Big deal, right? I mean, sure, it could make for a nice visual, but, imagine doing it in a haunt, with little (and some not-so-little) creepy crawlies crawling all over the place, right near the patron's feet? Oh, the "eeks", and shrieks, and squeals! Music to our ears!

What's funny is, until this came along, if you wanted to do something with "real, live bugs", you needed to use actual real live bugs . . . often in terrariums built into the wall. Now, you just need a projector! Life is good.

So, that being the case, inside projector, just 1000 lumens . . . is the "used projectors from grade schools" doable?

C.

Comment

1,000 lumens...

If a 1,000 lumens will work inside 8' away, it should be easier to find & cheaper! Thanks.

P.
                    Jim Pashley
                    The FEAR FACTORY
                    www.thefearfactorynj.com
                    855-NJ HAUNT
                    sigpic

Comment

Giving up my source..... some times they will drop the prices really really low if they have a butt load. The short throw ones I have picked up did well a few feet away.. getting 8ft pretty easy.
                      http://shop.benq.us/ProductCategory....ce%20Projector

Comment

Projectors

BenQ is a good name brand.
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks!

Hey guys...thanks for the tips. Gonna dive into that site today!

P.
                          Jim Pashley
                          The FEAR FACTORY
                          www.thefearfactorynj.com
                          855-NJ HAUNT
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah .. I have had extremely good luck with Ben Q and I use them in my other biz world outside of haunting. I just went in and ordered a MX880UST the reflector one cause I couldn't resist the price and its wireless. Tempting is the 4000lum thats throws a 25ft image.. its about $700 under the cost of a new one.... just thinking what I can tell my wife cause I have like 5 in the boxes still.

Comment

Pico Projectors

I bought a little pico projector for projecting spiders on the floor from 7ft. Works great, is really small and easy to hide, and the effect created many screams!

Forget who the manufacturer is but Google PicoProjectors and you will find a few of them out there for about $200
                              Travis "Big T" Russell
                              President
                              Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
                              X