Wall Panel Building Table.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gore Galore View Post
    Tony Gonzalez has been distributing them for years. I originally got them from Denny of Terror by Designs about 15 years ago.
    Originally posted by MDKing View Post
    IAHA gave them out as part of its membership years ago.
    Yeah, me and TG are currently working on the PDF versions of them. We will also be adding updated appendices of the technology used, with updated model numbers of the stuff he lists, and showing how his ideas can be done today, even tho in my opinion a lot of them still work perfectly fine as is. Also, some of his circuits mentioned in the vids didn't have schematics. It would be helpful to have those too. I'm working on a strobe circuit which I would include, so that you wouldn't have to hunt down any particular strobe light kit, but could make your own from readily available parts.

Anyway, it's a work in progress.

C.

Comment

Wall panel Jig

You dont need instructions, just the concept. Make one wall panel frame, lay it onto a piece of 1 1/2" MDF (no warping nice and thick to maintain flatness). Whatever you have built your frame out of 2x2 or 2x4 get several 1' scrap pieces.
      with the frame centered, screw the scrap pieces down against the panel frame. Make sure to make a channel with two pieces of scrap for the center by screwing them down on either side. The outside parts of the frame will lay against the scarp you put against them and will be flush with the edge of the MDF.
      Then remove your panel frame from the jig. Lumber cut to size can be dropped into the channels/laid in place and screwed together quickly and efficiently. The process is shown in my design dvd but you should be able to get it just from my description.
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

That is basically what I did. Allen I bet a lot of people tell you this, but your Youtube Videos are the best. Informative and comical.

Comment

I know that you can find that style of clamp they use to secure the 2x2's through a company called Kregg tool that specializes in wood working tools. Also depending on how they built the bottom which you cant really see in the video MDF is larger generally then a standard sheet of plywood. Like around 51" by 97" they could have used that for a base. Im just guessing here of course but im sure if you play around with it you can figure it out pretty easily.

Comment

It is a 4x8 sheet of MDF. The right side is open, the left side has a 2x4 attached under it, then a 1x4 attached along the side so that 2x2 wont fall off.
            And dont staple your panels. It makes them very hard to fix down the road. Stapled panels are for panels that you are selling and wont have to mess with in three years.
            Stapling is fast yes, but that comes at a price.
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Yeah I don't use staples or even nails. To much of a pain. I use screws for almost everything.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wilmont Estate View Post
                Yeah I don't use staples or even nails. To much of a pain. I use screws for almost everything.
                I love this guy. He makes everything so simple and easy.

C.

Comment

Didnt really need the jig

We just built about 60 or 70 wall panels last week, and we really didnt need a jig. I had the plans (I forget where they came from) but found it really simple having one guy cut, and one guy screwing everything in place. We were able to get all the panels built in less than one day. I even made some modifications for half-sized walls and single-sided walls to cut back on lumber.

Tape measure worked really well without any delay and I think I actually shaved some time by not building a jig.
                  Travis "Big T" Russell
                  President
                  Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Its a haunted house it should be simple.
                    Last edited by The Wilmont Estate; 07-14-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wilmont Estate View Post
                      Its a haunted house it should be simple.
                      You'd think more people would understand this.

C.

Comment

Working...
                      X