I need HELP on a room idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need HELP on a room idea

Hello all. I have a haunt that is in an old slaughterhouse. The last area in our haunt has the slaughterhouse theme. We have a open butcher shop, then into the cutting and prepare room, then into the freezer into the Awfal room where all the guts are. The problem is the last room where we need that big scare is the Kill Floor and it was also the kill floor in the business. For three years it has been the worst of the haunt. I have been embarrassed that this is the room that repersents a pretty good haunt till the end then it sucks. Patrons come out telling us the front is a lot better than the end. So i am asking for help because i can't come up with anything. I have thought about it so long that i am numb to it and i could use some ideas. Here is a drawing of the layout. If you can help that would be awesome. We are also a permanent location Thanks for looking

Kill floor 2012.JPG

Thanks again
    Brett

After the Intestants?

What were you doing after the room with all the guts? There are lots of posibilities with a room that tall.

Im guessing that the loading dock area is were the bodies or fresh meat is unloaded? What do you do with them before you put them in the freezer?

More info please....
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The room after the guts is the rooms i need help with all the way up to the hog pen. Before the freezer is the cutting room where we chop it up and package it for sale in the butcher shop. The theory is they are walking in the slaughterhouse from the front door. It starts where they can buy the meat, then in the cutting room, freezer, gut room, kill floor which is the room i am hung up on, then in the pen then to the graveyard. here is a video of the cutting romm just before the freezer.

Comment

Auction Area

Hi 1mando,

For that room you could do a place where they auction off the animals. You could have some sort of stage where an auctioneer is trying to sell the animals/ humans. I believe Knotts Scary Farm did this in there "Slaughter House" haunt. Here is the TPA walkthrough of it http://www.youtube.com/user/ThemePar...SLAUGHTERHOUSE

Hope this helps,

Fright
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

auction idea

I like the auction idea, but auction off the customers and then corall them into a box truck on the loading dock, then have them go to the grave yard.
          Just an idea...
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

KILL ROOM

Look- Dozens of pig bodies hang from the ceiling, all have their throats slit they are not in neat rows forcing the guests to weave through them. Under each pig is a metal washtub to catch blood

Light- dim lights down the side of the walls and LED pin spots on a few of the "hero" pigs. Perhaps a red strobe flashing through the swaying pigs. RED (darklight) submersible LED's in a few of the tubs

Sound- the sounds of dying and whimpering pigs, the sound of flies, the sound of blood gurgling and draining into the pans

feel- The pigs will brush against the guests as they make their way through them

Movement- a few of the pigs are still kicking a bit as if they are not dead yet, a few also have pumps to keep blood constantly draining into the pan.

Scare- An actor in the room can have a machete type weapon and bang on the metal tubs (secured to floor) to make a great noise while playing "peek a boo" with guests through the pig bodies. An alternate scare relies on the strobe light toward the back, and them seeing liquid in a few of the tubs. The alternate scare is the actor dips a bucket into one of the tubs and splashes the guests with it. It is just paper confetti but the red light and it flying through the air will imply liquid blood and their minds will fill in the rest.
            A piglet pop up from one of the tubs is also an option.

I hope this helps,
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
              An alternate scare relies on the strobe light toward the back, and them seeing liquid in a few of the tubs. The alternate scare is the actor dips a bucket into one of the tubs and splashes the guests with it. It is just paper confetti but the red light and it flying through the air will imply liquid blood and their minds will fill in the rest.
              A piglet pop up from one of the tubs is also an option.
              A touch of fog with the strobes being red would also add to it. Especially if you can get that Ridley Scott Alien effect of rays of strobe light peering between the pigs. That would also punctuate the peek-a-boo effect. As the monster's shadow passes thru the fog, the patrons would feel his presence from a distance, but wouldn't know where he was, almost like the Moving Shadows room that was featured in a haunt mag some time ago. They would feel his presence, but wouldn't know from where.

The fog could be bleed over from the foggy cold air of a nearby cooler or freezer. If the door was on evidence (say looking like it was the next room over and that that door was the entrance), with the cold fog light air bleeding out (or bellowing out), the patrons could think that that's where the scare was coming from, until they notice the weird fog-shrouded shadow in the background, passing thru the rays of light.

You could also add a Leatherface element to it by having the monster (psycho butcher?) wearing a pig's head as a mask, so not only would he be freaky looking, he could also blend in with the other pigs, so you'd get a great statue scare out of it as well. He moves around, just enough to get their attention, then freezes as they pass, the patrons all the while looking for some guy in a hockey mask or a skin mask or whathaveyou, only to have one of the dead pigs appearing to come alive, step out, and brandish a cleaver, proving to in fact be the monster.

Btw, cool vid!

C.

Comment

First off, I LOVE the idea of the Auctioneer auctioning off the guests, that's brilliant.

Second, I'm with Allen. Flood the air with hangables. Once in a slaughter room I used rope coated in latex and painted to look like intestines. I used that to fill in between the bodies hanging. Keep them weaving in and out of the hanging stuff and when they DO get that glimpse of the actor, it'll be even more frightening. People fear what they can't see. Let them KNOW someone is in there, banging metal on metal (weaponize the actor) and let their imagination run wild.

I think following Allen's idea will make that room KILLER... pun intended.

Good Luck.

Dewayne

Comment

Originally posted by Frightener View Post
                  Once in a slaughter room I used rope coated in latex and painted to look like intestines. I used that to fill in between the bodies hanging.
                  Sisal rope painted with red latex paint. It will stick to the patrons and feeling like they are being tied up in intestines when it just merely brushes against them.

C.

Comment

wow thanks

Wow these are great thank you. This really got us thinking and we are gonna add a drop ceiling with foam spikes as they walk out. Allen you have a ton of things in your head, do you have any ideas on how to make the pigs the furgle way lol. They cost alot for the budget we have. Thanks so much for all the help folks,it has made a big difference on our thinking

Comment

Allen has great innovative ways of doing things. He might know how to make some pigs.
                      Last edited by The Wilmont Estate; 07-06-2012, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wilmont Estate View Post
                        Pigs. Pigs. Show us how to make fake pigs!!!!!!!! We need you Allen!!!
                        Paging Dr. Hopps . . . Dr. Allen Hopps . . .

Comment

I want to say something first- I am not a genius, Im just a haunter. I love making things, my way of making things may not be the best way, hopefully I can give you some ideas, maybe even ones you can use. Im posting to try to help- not to try and show off how smart I think I am. I think Im a healthy mix of genius and fool (just like everyone else). You see good stuff from me on occasion- and for every good post there are ten failed attempts behind it. If you think Im great....great but please never assume I think Im great.

" do you have any ideas on how to make the pigs the furgle way lol"
                          I just google image searched Hanging pig that helps tell me what i needed to make, shapes and surface texture are the big deal
                          The best way then depends on your skill set.

Chicken wire shaping is an option

buying 14" thick foam and carving them is an option

Paper mache is an option

Monster mud is an option

maiking them in a similar fashion to my human pelt video is an option, just stuff the bags with scrap plastic or more bags

If you can get or make one, then you could use the clear tape method I posted to make multiple copies of the one you have, then just fill the tape forms with news paper.

This will be a job for sure, I think you need 12-18 pigs to fill your space.
                          with my skill set and the cost factor in mind, I would use packing tape to attach two five gallon buckets together end to end,
                          then i would fashion a very basic head shape one one side, and the four legs out of chicken wire
                          I would then monster mud it for a skin. My mix for this would be elastomeric roof coating instead of paint, and the drywall joint compound. a 50/50 mix
                          I would make clear tape copies from that master pig, the tape pigs would be stuffed with newspaper or trash plastic sheets and monster mudded for skin.

before the final monster mud skin I would use tinfoil to add detail to the face like ears, eyes, snout and mouth. Those details wont come out in the clear tape and will help make each pig a bit unique. then use fabric and mud overtop of that for a final skin, then paint and your done.
                          the tinfoil technique is shown in my ogre head video. cheap and three people could knock out all of them in a few days minus drying time.
                          does that make sense?
                          Allen H
                          here is a link to my channel where you can find the videos I mentioned.
                          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                            If you think Im great....great but please never assume I think Im great.
                            Oh, we don't. LOL. We know that you're pretty humble, and if you ever did get a big head, you have plenty of wonderful people around you who would happily help keep your ego in check.

However, we also know that you're just really good at what you do, and we like giving credit where credit is due, and this last post of yours is no exception. Also, one of the biggest advantages to having you share your insight is the fact that you probably have done it wrong ten times before you found success, so not only are we learning from your successes, but we are also learning from your mistakes, and that in itself can be huge.

C.

Comment

I used to be a genius and I have never seen the words "master pig" in a sentence before so, this is the way to do it!
                              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Working...
                              X