Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problemo

No problem Kevin,

I agree with you in regards to innovation. As a writer, artist, etc etc I don't like it when my stuff gets copied. I am always on the lookout for vendors with unique and different stuff of quality, and your stuff is something we have been looking at, but just haven't had the budget yet. Next year that should change as The Plague and Camp Nightmare really take off. Hope to see you in Transworld!
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

A One-Man Haunt Co.

Didn't usually answer his phone, he was too busy building, but would call back those who needed it. He allowed his web site to explain things and sell for him. His transactions were all via credit card... on His schedule.
      Maybe his reluctance to be on the phone was because of the time of his some wacky customers took.. for nothing?
      Or the time he discovered the customer on the phone was a 15 yr. old rip-off artist pretending to be an adult. (Mommy's credit card.)
      I used to joke that someday I wanted the phone answering job at the Gas Co. , turn the phone "on" at 9am, answer the phone.. "Hello, no, no ,no, I don't know, I'll transfer your call to the shop, which then transfered the call to another place and round and round this went ending back with the person who knew nothing and answered the call in the first place!
      This all came to a screeching Halt when a MacDonald's had a gas pipe catch fire that ran up the side of their building , and the old run-around phone game got played!
      The head of the Gas Co, publically said:"WE Have to do better than that!"
      And then things changed. Nobody had to die this time to make it change....... Lucky.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A couple things here... this is on the subject but off. Many know but don't know our company was the very first company to offer scary animations driven by air pistons and we sold a lot of them. We also sold complete haunted houses, the total package. We also sold all kinds of little things like we basically invented the air cannon as you know it today then a couple people who go nameless copied and ripped us off...

Either way the point is we were dealing with hundreds of customers and it really created a lot of problems... there are companies out there like Edge who wanted to start selling whole entire attractions and still sell the single item animations. HUGE MISTAKE! You can't really do both... you get wrapped up into one customer so tight that you have to do everything for them that all your one and two things here customers get left in the dust.

You can't do both its just NOT possible unless you are willing to hire like 15 to 20 people, then you can ruin your company with payroll... its just can't be done without a massive amount of overhead. I know I did it... finally we gave up selling the single piece animations and focused strictly on complete attractions which are a lot of work and effort. We find ourselves dealing with fire marshals, building inspectors, running through all sorts of problems that consume a lot of time... which leaves little to know time to build you say a blah, blah blah prop. Because honestly it just becomes not very important... when one guy who's paying you tens of thousands won't open at all if you don't solve his problems first.

My suggestion to the companies trying to do both, pick one or the other because it totally dooms your company. This might be the case here... you get to wrapped up with one customer and then you lose your focus on all your other smaller customers.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Here Here!

Well said! I think you hit the nail on the head. I was told by Edge they had a big job come up in Europe that consumed their staff. In the meantime, this of us who placed orders at TW in good faith they would arrive were left in the dark (and our orders were prepaid!). I am curious what will become of Edge now. Their Website is down, they don't answer the phones, and only one person is answering any emails and I think thats because I threatened to call my attorney.

My stuff finally got here. And it looks great. I can breath easy now because the transformer I ordered is the main piece for s specific set I am building. But I can't say I will call Edge back for anything else. Its not worth the experience.
          Travis "Big T" Russell
          President
          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
          X