Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wilmont Estate Presents Lost in the Dark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Wilmont Estate View Post
    Alright, so I am working on the website right now. I am trying to completely sell the idea that the "doctors," are trying to cure your fears but want to make sure people know this is a haunted house. Does anyone have any ideas on ways to write it so that it still sells the theme but also shows its a haunt?
    Yes, keep those two ideas separate. That's why you have two different websites. For now, just file the "doctors trying to cure your fears" in the backstory or "history" section of the site, and use the other tabs for other info, like location, hours, and so on. Then when you can create the second website, that's where you get to paint that picture more elaborately with a much for florid brush.

C.

Comment

But I don't want people email me asking if I really have a cure for Nyctophobia, how should I write the "about," so it is clear its a haunt?

Comment

Originally posted by The Wilmont Estate View Post
        But I don't want people email me asking if I really have a cure for Nyctophobia, how should I write the "about," so it is clear its a haunt?
        Well, no, it will be clear from the main page. It will be supremely evident that it's a haunt. For instance, check out the amazing and pace-setting Thrillvania. It used to be called "Verdun Manor" back when it was just the one attraction, before they added 8 other attractions. While the main haunt, Verdun Manor, has amazing realism, detail, and production value, no one would mistake it for a historical building offering tours. As real and as amazing as the production values are, it is still definitely a haunt.

In fact, check out the main page and see how it's laid out. That will give you a good idea of how to do it. While you're there, click on the "legend" tab, and you'll see their backstory. Also, important note: "backstory" is a haunter's technical term; call it the "legend" of the facility or the facility's "history" on your site.

C.

Comment

Working...
        X