Tryn to find a good Release of Liability form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tryn to find a good Release of Liability form

One step we added last year was a release of liability form for all partons coming into the haunt to sign, but it was one we typed up and i dont feel it would of helped any in a court of law. Can anyone help me to find a good one to use for twenty twelve.

Thanks
    Ryan
    BARN OF TERROR
    www.barnofterror.us

it might help you to search for a "hold harmless agreement" as opposed to a liability release.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Hold Harmless Agreement...

Allen's right if your going that route. Honestly though, I wouldn't waste my time & agg with those...a good attorney will chew those up! Ever wonder why Universal, Disney or Great Adventure don't have you sign them? I'd spend your money on advice from a good attorney, insurance agent & policy as well as setting up an entity from which to work under to protect you personally more than anything. If you were negligent, that paper they signed won't help at all...and if you weren't a patron can still sue you...and it'll still cost you to defend yourself. At least with a good policy & attorney you can nip a lot of litigation early or even avoid it entirely. Just my two cents.

P.
      Jim Pashley
      The FEAR FACTORY
      www.thefearfactorynj.com
      855-NJ HAUNT
      sigpic
      "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

Also, unless you are doing a specific kind of haunt where the guests get a lot more than they bargained for, like a HOT Darkstalkers type haunt, or Manhattan Blackout type haunt, where you can touch the guests a whole bunch, and make them comply with lots of nasty things, then I'm not sure what a release will do for you.

I mean, a soccer mom bringing her three tweens thru to see guys in masks jump out and go "boo", where exactly is the liability in that that we need to be held harmless or released from. Having to sign something like that may additionally create for a negative impression on the guests. People tend to get real skittish when they have to sign things.

What kind of haunt did you want to do the release for?

C.

Comment

Dont give patrons ideas

There was a discussion sometime last year about signage at the beginning of the haunt and what should be on those signs in terms of liability, and if I remember the advice was not to put too much detail in those signs, because it gives patrons ideas what they should go after you for, and more importantly it proves you were aware of the risks and therefore more liable. Something like that

We keep it simple at the advice of our attorney - a simple warning to enter at your own risk, and we use strobes in case someone has seizue problems (like Disney and the rest do) and thats about it. We have not had any problems to date but I am prepared if we do.
          Travis "Big T" Russell
          President
          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

I have a trap door in the haunt, anyone who mentions lawsuit goes in it Works swell
            Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigT View Post
              We keep it simple at the advice of our attorney - a simple warning to enter at your own risk, and we use strobes in case someone has seizure problems (like Disney and the rest do) and that's about it. We have not had any problems to date but I am prepared if we do.
              And does that basic warning sign stand as a separate entity from "The Rules"? (i.e. "don't touch the monsters and the monster won't touch you, no flash photography . . .")

Originally posted by sean View Post
              I have a trap door in the haunt, anyone who mentions lawsuit goes in it Works swell
              Now, that, I like! 8-)

Then have the chute empty out to a bottomless pit effect, where patrons walk over it and see "souls writhing in agony".
              Patrons: "Wow, what a great effect! So life-like. Is that CGI? How do you make that happen?"
              You: "Mention 'lawsuit' and I'll show you." :wink:

C.

Comment

The rules

Our rules are communicated via animatronics through our talking skull scene. Very basic, do not touch, no flash, etc with one final "enter at your own risk."
                Travis "Big T" Russell
                President
                Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
                X