Anybody Used WEED BARRIER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Used WEED BARRIER?

I found this stuff today in my research. Thought maybe it could serve some purposes in our industry...
    8' X 300', $180... not bad.

http://www.agriculturesolutions.com/...k-8-x-300.html

My thinking is that it could potentially serve as cheap walling for an outdoor maze. Another use could be wall lining, or possibly cheap walls (filler walls) for an indoor haunt.

Possibly even fastened to the floor for black flooring?

we use it ,
    on top of our mine shaft, the shaft is made of 6x8 fence panels with this on the top, supported by wires that zig zag across fro side to side.It sags in places making customers have to crouch but still lets water through, so it dosen't get destroyed by rain,it's outside on our trail.
    Works great us in this set, I'm sure there will be more uses for it also.
    Slaughter.
    www.theslaughterhousehorror.com

Comment

Plastic, Black, allows moisture through it..

I just found my new material for my under ware! Plastic, so it must also be stain-resisitant!
      (Keeps my weed from growing through it too!)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Lmao Jim.

That's a cool idea for a mine shaft. No problems with the fire marshal for that part of your attraction? I have had similar thoughts (using painters plastic sheets for a quarantine theme) but was concerned they would label it "indoors"

How many linear feet would you say your mine runs?

Thanks for the reply too

Comment

And one more question if I could...

When it rains, how good is the protection of the weed barrier when used as a ceiling of your mine?

Thanks man.

Comment

the shaft is kinda short maybe 50ft ...horse show shaped wit a few "off shoots" that dead end to confuse. we might have used around 100 ft or so of it.. as far as fire marshal goes... ASK ... but black plastic is a BIG NO- NO.... here anyway... as far as the rain, it goes right through it if it's a "good" rain... if kinda a drizzle it actually kinda "blocks" it some.

Another thing I thought of,
            was that we used it to make a spinning tunnel one year also...but remember it will let light through it.
            Slaughter
            Last edited by slaughtermail; 07-16-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

My Considerations With Outdoors

I have an outdoor "maze" made from old steel apartment doors(lucky find!) They are screwed together very solidly all angling to create a flowing feeling, with long curves.
              If the weather is a downpour, I can just open one door, close another and people become routed with only a very few steps actually outdoors.
              I fastened some sheets of galvenized corrugated steel over half of the width so if it is not raining too much customers can pick a dry path (pretty much) to walk through.
              I left many openings to discourage Birds, Bees and bats from making their "homes" in this and after 11 years, it seems to have worked this way, no tennants ! Yeah!
              (The half-covering also allows for the "Monster" to reach down toward them!)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks slaughter, yeah my fm was very adamant about plastic as well. Of course Idk about an outdoor haunt because at the time I was asking about indoor. I'll have to ask againabout the tunnel idea. That sucks about the rain coming straight through, but may create a really cool tactile effect if only sprinkling!

Jim that's a great idea for a permanent structure; it keeps a dry path, and at the same time you get to avoid indoor regs! The more I've read about your place I want to come out there!

Comment

Working...
                X