No announcement yet.

How Have You Scared .. another Haunter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Have You Scared .. another Haunter?

The first time visitors in a busload from Transworld came to Ravens Grin, I sat them all down in my front(first room) and made them watch my video on my TV!
    (This guy must be NUTS!, we are supposed to be walking through his place, not sitting here in this strange old room(where he probably actually lives("Yes!") and he must be.... wait a second.. he IS CRazy! ... He is going to kill us all! Maybe revenge for him getting scared in some haunt when he was kid?
    Then my Wife, Jessica walked into the room carrying Mr. Tuxedo (cat) and they breathed a sigh of relief! Something "normal"!
    The big scare was over, everyone survived!
    As silli-assed as this reads, this is what happened as admitted to us later by both of the afflicted.

Another time I met up with a haunter, wanta-be on-line who stressed to me how fearless he was in his real job, which many probably would not like to have to perform....he followed my instructions and suddenly discovered real quick and lasting fear ... on my bed!
    The Bad-Dream Bed! He had no clue as to what was about to happen.
    I am pretty sure he was deeply affected by this experience.

At a Transworld a well-known Haunter handed me a cheap, paper item and said, "Here, Jim, I can't do anything with this, maybe you can use it for something?"
    A man who has the only haunted house in his native country(Open 8 months of the year, indoor/outdoor) came to see Ravens Grin. He speaks slowly, seems very naturally calmer than most people I have ever met...."My employees always try to Scare me, but nobody can scare ....me."
    When I "Got" him, his arms came up, rotated right and left in front of his face as he hollered, "Auhhhauhhh!" Then he quickly said, "Oh, you Got Me! you Got Me!" He had left "Calm-ville " rather suddenly! Yes it was the cheap "Paper" item that got him, but I did do a lot of work to set him up to be scared from this item with a whole set and special lighting and a tweek to his mind involving (though he didn't realise it) a similar item he seen ahead of time to , I believe, make it all work.

My very newest scary item is a very small... cobra. Too small to bite, no venum, I have already had two adult women (seperately) scream loudly and break into a sprint when I merely said:"Cobra" in a very well lit room full of their friends and family members!
    No reptile, just a mind-game but it works very well most oftenly. A mind-game based upon actual truth though.
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 07-16-2012, 09:50 PM.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

I have scared quite a few haunters over the years. the latest being at Scare A Torium at MHC. Got a few good screams out of a couple folks that I know weren't just tagalongs or wives/husbands of the 'serious' haunter in the group.

A few years back, I had a supervisor at Scarowinds do a lights-on walkthrough of one of the mazes before we opened. She was talking to me about some issue as I went around a corner. When she came around the corner I was simply standing there staring back at her and she JUMPED about 3 feet and a puddle began to appear below her. She was mercilessly made fun of by the other supervisors for the rest of the season.

I really enjoyed that year...:twisted:
    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Another One...

A load of Haunters from Transworld were in my basement, the room was very well lit. A coffin was standing upright against a wall.
      There is an old rusty, metal sign on it's door telling everyone to not come into the hog lot without boots on because they might be spreading dieseases (Yes, it's real) There are several rusty bullet holes through the sign.
      I drilled through some of the rusty bullet holes so I could see through them from inside of the coffin.
      After he read the sign concerning hog-health he put his hand over the edge of the coffin lid to open it, but I put my hand on top of his hand from inside the coffin.
      A loud hollar happened, he sprang backwards across the room covering quite a distance (without falling down, somehow?))
      His audience was only other haunters....
      .....I felt bad for him, after I finished laughing.
      I am pretty sure he got over it. Maybe the reason I remember this so well is because it was the best reaction I ever saw from this!
      Last edited by Jim Warfield; 07-24-2012, 08:27 PM.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Scared my bosslady last weekend. With a slam window that she had positioned herself. That was a pretty good day.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

My girlfriend was helping me set up last weekend, Was using a chainsaw and she was in a tunnel we have set up with fallout shelter signs and stuff, I came running into the tunnel in full costume and scared the crap out of her. Haha.
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Just put three on the floor last night at a work detail. We have hidden areas all over the place that we use for sound/light rooms. An OLD refrigerator is gutted out and used as a prop in the room, but is also a hidden entrance to a behind the scenes sound room. The oldest trick in the book, I heard three staffers coming and hid in there, jumped out as they came by and BAM!! all three hit the floor. Hilarious!
            Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
            X