Shock mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockmats

I can not remember the guys with the shockmats at transworld. They had a small dark maze set up, with flash crackers, and shock mats. They give me there card and I lost it. When I was looking for there card I did find HauntPhoto.com's card, which by the way had a hot chick at there booth taking the photos. Vendors get HOT chicks to work you're booth, I might not loose you're info.

Comment

U can get them clear for a couple bucks more...http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=3452

Comment

These sound dangerous.

I think these kill dogs/

Comment

Do you have an article you can link to
          hell house or are you making stuff up?
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Ill post this link later.

Comment

Originally posted by Hell House 666 LLC View Post
              These sound dangerous.

I think these kill dogs/
              Seeing as to how these things were made and sold to; keep dogs and pets off of the furniture, and for other various training purposes, I highly, severely doubt they kill any kind of dog.

Allen, I'm starting to see your reasoning for your other post regarding hell house. I'ma just shake my head and go carve some foam.

Dewayne

Comment

Originally posted by Marr Branch View Post
                I can not remember the guys with the shockmats at transworld. They had a small dark maze set up, with flash crackers, and shock mats. They give me there card and I lost it. When I was looking for there card I did find HauntPhoto.com's card, which by the way had a hot chick at there booth taking the photos. Vendors get HOT chicks to work you're booth, I might not loose you're info.
                That was Pure Terror Products, ask for Bob.

Comment

I had some that I used for a few years. The shock is similar to a heavy static shock like rubbing your feet on carpet then touching someone. I never had any complaints but their always were a bunch of customers talking about it when the left the haunt. They are worth the money if you have an area that is totally dark and that will force them to be touching the walls. Also, it will not hit every customer that touches it. Once they "shock" it takes a couple seconds to reset so, you may get a couple people in the group while the rest never feel a thing. That makes for some funny banter as well between the customers. "Did you feel that shock?" "No, you're crazy there was no shock."

Howie Slobber Erlich
                  Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
                  www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
                  1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

We'll still probably get some. However my wife was concerned about pacemakers? Should it be ok for those folks or no? We're still getting a banner made and that's going to be one of the cautions, about pacemakers and such.

Dewayne

Comment

An option here would be a section where they have to crawl. You could have your sign just before, warning them anybody w heart problems or can't crawl. Take the "left" path... others take the "right."

Then you line the crawling path with these things lmao

Comment

just got one in

Originally posted by Frightener View Post
                        I was talking about these just the other day with the wife. We were wondering how hard they zapped and if anyone got PO'd because of them. I'm assuming it's all good then?

Think I'll put a few in my dark maze.

Dewayne

They put a pretty good zap on you... I need to find a way to turn it down... it made me not want to touch it again... the zap went up my arm pretty good

Comment

If you don't want to touch it again, I'd probably leave it out then. I mean, if it was a softer jolt, sure I'd try but ehh.
                          I want as many of my customers to be as happy as possible when they leave. I don't know how high of a ratio I can keep if it's that big of a jolt, ya know. Just sounds harsh to me.
                          I know some folks take shocks differently, but ... well I don't know. Don't want to risk it.

Thanks for reporting ToT.

Dewayne

Comment

Tone it down

i am going to try to wire a dimmer switch to it and see if it makes it just a buzz... I wont put it in my haunt like it is now...I am the same way way everyone happy not pissed

Comment

We used shock mats this year in a long dark hallway. While it's a fun effect, we did have several complaints from 'concerned' patrons that we had an electrical short, or that the shock was dangerous. After explaining that it's powered by a 9 volt battery, they would calm down... but... meh... not sure it's worth the trouble to use them again. You know, the PR theory that if you have to explain yourself, you've already lost.

If we used them again, we'd probably do the old "Don't Touch This!" gag so that it was obvious that the shock was intentional and not the result of shoddy wiring.
                              Michael Inks
                              Geist Entertainment, Inc.
                              Visit GEI on Facebook

sigpic

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

Comment

I used one of these for the first time this season. I tended to forget about it because it was one more thing to turn on or just left it on and the 9v battery seemed to last all season. Although on two occasions the control box was ripped off the wall from what I suspect was unhappy customers who were shocked. If I were to do it again I'd install the control box somewhere they couldn't reach or get access to and get the DC adaptor, plug it into a circuit that gets turned on with the rest of the show lighting.
                                Matthew Rairden
                                Circle of Ash Haunted Attraction
                                Project Manager
                                Find us on Facebook
                                www.circleofash.com

Comment

Working...
                                X