How do you build wall panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frightener View Post
    Had to come back to the thread to double check something. I could've SWORN that you said 94", lol. I was thinking.. um.. that's not lining up.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know we're implementing your wall scheme for our end caps. We're building a solid wall and making a door in another section of the building. The three vert's with OSB should be much stronger than the other setup for an exterior wall.

Thanks again.

Dewayne
    After rereading that I can see where it can get confusion. Here is a drawing of the panel layout and links to the strong ties.

The BC40 is the one you want which is for a standard 4"x4" post and the easiest to find.
    http://www.strongtie.com/ftp/catalog...can12-p063.pdf

Anything longer than 6" works fine for the top plate

http://www.strongtie.com/products/co...p5-a34-a35.asp
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ravensmoon; 07-29-2012, 03:49 PM.
    What?? You dropped your cell phone in the Haunted house somewhere and wanted to know if I could go get it for you? Sorry, that's against the rules but I will let you go to the front of the line so you can go try to find it yourself. Just give me a moment to let the monsters know you are coming through again...Alone.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the links. No the confusion was on me. I really thought you said to make them 94". lol. I was like.. ehhh what? So I went back and looked. I was wrong.

The links help a lot. I already got some brackets like you posted, but just a little different I think They're 4" long and not 6", but I'm wanting to use 3 anyways per 90* wall. I don't have many 90* anymore since I cut out 90% of the hallways to make bigger rooms.

Dewayne

Comment

Originally posted by Hell House 666 LLC View Post
        You can't build wa;l;s out of triangles guys. They wouldnt fit together.
        Does anyone know what happened to the OP? Haven't seen him around recently. Things were starting to get entertaining.

C.

Comment

Nope

Haven't seen any new posts from OP in a while..
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
          X