Phone Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Service

Do any of you guys use a separate phone for your haunt?

I was thinking of doing a mobile plan, so that I don't actually have to be ON location to answer the phone.

Who do you use? Who do you think is the most affordable?

Mobile !

We publish one number On all our marketing material and have it forwarded to a mobile phone so calls can be answered by who ever is in charge that night.

As mobile phones have become so cheap, you could get a prepaid phone just for the months of operation, but if you're going to be around year after year, I'd reccomend securing a more permanent number once you can afford too. I know you can get a number through AT&T that they call a re-direct that isn't installed at a physical location but can be setup to ring on another line. (incoming calls only)
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Google Voice

I recommend using Google Voice. You can have it ring up to three different cell phones, that way calls are never missed.
      Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
      sean@pixelpushersinc.com
      312.613.7326 Mobile
      847.550.6560 X 102 Office
      844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

Sounds good on that google voice, is it hard to setup?

Dewayne

Comment

I'd recommend Google Voice also. Takes around 2 mins to setup and can have all calls forwarded to any phone you want.
          News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
          Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Call forwarding...

Is there a way to see that the number being forwarded is for your haunt biz & not personal? Just wondering if that could be done?

P.
            Jim Pashley
            The FEAR FACTORY
            www.thefearfactorynj.com
            855-NJ HAUNT
            sigpic
            "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

I would use Google Voice, but I am concerned with it actually using it since my cell is primarily used for my DJ business, and I can't really tell whether someone is calling for Decimation ScreamPark (our haunt and entertainment center) or for my DJ services. I really need a different number, and Google Voice didn't give me an option of using a different number (i.e having someone actually dial the number we'd like, and have it come to my number).

Comment

Google voice can make it ring your own number. So for instance, if you
                are assigned 123-456-7890 as a phone number from google voice, Program that number as a contact in your cell phone with a name such as "haunted house." Now anytime someone calls, you will see haunted house and know to answer it appropriately.
                Bill Rod.
                Dark Tech Effects
                Automated DMX Lighting
                Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
                  I would use Google Voice, but I am concerned with it actually using it since my cell is primarily used for my DJ business, and I can't really tell whether someone is calling for Decimation ScreamPark (our haunt and entertainment center) or for my DJ services. I really need a different number, and Google Voice didn't give me an option of using a different number (i.e having someone actually dial the number we'd like, and have it come to my number).
                  I would create another google account for the haunt. So you would have one account for your DJ biz and another one for the haunt. As of last year when we used it for the haunt, it rang with the google voice number and not the cutomer's number. So like beardedbil said, just program that in your cell phone so you know which is calling. I also believe it will allow you to create a vanity number.
                  Ken Darrigo
                  ClearCut Operations, Inc.
                  ClearCut Operations | http://www.clearcutoperations.com
                  TerrorDome Haunted Scream Park | http://www.terrordome.com

Comment

Okay that makes more sense, I didn't realize that's how it would show up. That changes everything!

Does it allow for different voicemails as well? I know you can have A voicemail, but if they call the haunt number, will they get the haunt voicemail and not my DJ voicemail?

Comment

In the non haunt world a toll free number on your site is the biggest and best "Graphic" you can have on your page to create a trust factor.. meaning even if they don't use that number to call you, it helps with people to be not afraid to use their CC on your site aka conversion rate (if you did online sales/tickets this would be important) You can have it go straight to your cell.. ring a few times and then go back to your toll free voicemail if you don't want to answer it. In internet sales it is great to filter out real buyers. The cost is 14.95 for 300 minutes and during the haunt season you can up that to a higher package. You are not going to use a lot of minutes on your toll free line. The subconscious impact is the ticket. Ring Central is a good one. haven't used Google..

Comment

Voice

Google Voice will be your best bet. In the off season, it can just ring and leave a voicemail in your google account. It is amazing. We had 3 phones that it rung at our haunt, so that no one ever got missed. Forget AT&T and Cricket and all that. Use your own phone. You can even disable it while you are sleeping or at work.
                        Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
                        sean@pixelpushersinc.com
                        312.613.7326 Mobile
                        847.550.6560 X 102 Office
                        844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

Checked out ring central, i think i like it more than google voice, yeah it costs money but i think it's easier to use....i could be wrong, but we'll just have to see lol. I'm showing my partner this thread when we meet up later today and we'll look at everything. Thanks guys!

Comment

Makes Sense!

AAAHH, see glad a few of you tech savvy people chimed in...I get so confused with that stuff! Now I've got a direction to start in...THANKS GUYS!

P.
                            Jim Pashley
                            The FEAR FACTORY
                            www.thefearfactorynj.com
                            855-NJ HAUNT
                            sigpic
                            "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

You and me both Pickle! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X