Torture Factory Rust Dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torture Factory Rust Dust

Hey guys, I've been working on some really cool projects for the upcoming season. I'll be posting some before and after pictures of objects and scenes that have been rusted using Rust Dust. I want some input from fellow haunters. Let me know what YOU want to see rusted, and I'll try to make it happen. Also send me a PM if you're interested in purchasing some Rust Dust. We have sizes available for almost any size project. Thanks! Dr. Torture
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr. Torture; 07-18-2012, 11:46 PM.

Website? -Tyler
    http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
    >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

Originally posted by Valley_of_Screams View Post
      Website? -Tyler
      We are currently working on our own website, but between developing the product and working on our own haunt, we haven't had time to make one. We do have a website for our haunt (www.thetorturefactory.com) but we don't have Rust Dust for sale on there yet.

Comment

I have used the rust dust, I am pretty thrilled with it.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Gas Mask

Here's another work in progress. I'll post more pics as I continue to work on the gas mask.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks good! Might have to get me some of this rust dust
            ~Bill Mlinac
            The Deadland Haunted House
            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

how is it applied and work... what all kind of prep do you have to do? Please give more info about the product.

Comment

How it works

QUOTE=Trail of Terror;138434]how is it applied and work... what all kind of prep do you have to do? Please give more info about the product.[/QUOTE]

It's really easy to use. With our kit you will receive a container of Rust Dust and a bottle of activator. The first step is to paint the object you want rusted with whatever color of latex paint you want. We recommend using black or grey because it makes a good background to contrast the color. Then, as the paint becomes tacky, sprinkle the dust on the and let it dry. Then spray the activator on and in about 30-60 minutes you'll a rusty looking object. Heat is not required for the reaction, but it will speed it up. We place a box fan in front to help it dry faster. You can control the color of the rust depending on how much activator you apply. This product is great for accenting props, pipes, valves, or just about anything that would naturally rust. It works on plastic, wood, rubber, and any other surface that you can paint. We offer sizes from 8oz up to 5 gallons.

Below is a 6 gallon plastic water jug I got at Wal-mart for about $8.

jug 2.jpgjug 1.jpg[
                Last edited by Dr. Torture; 07-24-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Nice!

Those props look great! Looks like you have a nice product, keep us updated with your projects!
                  *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Great News!

The Torture Factory's Rust Dust is now available at www.FrightProps.com
                    Last edited by Dr. Torture; 08-08-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

If you can paint it, you can rust it!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Add Some Detail To Your Queue Line

We just added a little extra detail to our queue line with Rust Dust. We've got about 15 posts I painted and rusted in a about and hour. They look great and have that rusty metal feel to them.
                        Here's a before and after.

POST1.jpgPOST2.JPG

Comment

Working...
                        X