Hauntworld Help & Respect For Your Competitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld Help & Respect For Your Competitors

Ok wanted to take a few minutes and talk about a couple of things. First I want to say that although I told Larry I would help him watch these forums as well as Allen There is something I want to say and I am speaking for myself here...... I DO NOT OWN HAUNTWORLD LARRY DOES! I get so many emails about things that go on here it's crazy. Some I send on to Patti or Larry and others I just try to take a few minutes and respond myself bacause after all I did say I would help when I can. I can honestly say I have never removed a post although looks like I can I feel that's Larry or Patti's call. I do come here alot. God has blessed me with a company that runs itself. I feel I am a little different as the Haunt is something fun for me to do and play in I could care less if it makes a dime and I guess for me there is no competitorship in me. I support all haunts and all have their banners hanging at Disturbia although I always fail to send any to them because it's just not my style. Disturbia, Atrox, Arx, Sloss we all get along and maybe were different but all I know is we all are friends!

Now on to the issue I had received several emails from a couple of haunts in a certain state. Seems like this haunt is running it's numbers up and it's been upsetting others in that state. The numbers I am talking about can be seen if you have your haunt in the Find Haunted House section of Hauntworld. I had talked to Patti about the concerns and she took action only to have the numbers come up again 6000 plus as of this posting. I attempted to reach out to say from one haunt to another that that's not a fair and honest thing to do. WE ALL KNOW THAT EVEN DURING HAUNT SEASON NO HAUNT IS GOING TO GET 6000 PLUS hits on their ad in 1 day here. Again were talking about the ad. I have noticed the track backs can tell the tell too. One example is a new haunt on here has their haunt listed and they have as many track backs as they do views and you really just have to laugh because that just is not going to happen. Having an ad here is great and I always tell people to advertize here but if you want to be on top of the search in your state focus on Google!!!!!!!! If a haunt has the time to run their numbers up here then they sure as hell are not working on their show. I am sure most would agree you rather see 10,000 people come through your doors as 10,000 hits on an ad here.

What I am trying to say is a few things......
    1. Don't worry about your competitors numbers here they are just a number!
    2. Show some respect for your competitors and play fair. ( I rather know how many real people clicked my ad not how many I can run it up. If I only have 500 then I know that's 500 that really seen my ad and not someone on my staff sitting and hitting a button or download a spam bot to run them up. Not to mention at my place I would run their ass off for doing that).
    4. If you want to get approved for HauntWorld email me and I will see that it gets done but if you have an issue contact Larry or Patti directly I am not going to play referee anymore as I cannot save the world and make everyone happy no matter how hard I try.
    5. If you see your competitor running up their numbers up just laugh it off and wish them good luck because they sure as hell are going to need it!!!
    6. I have total respect for Larry, Patti, HauntWorld members and this Industry I have no respect for a person who cheats but at the end of the day they have to live with that not me!!!
    7. Again THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO ADVERTIZE BUT IF YOUR HAUNT IS NOT ON TOP OF THE LISTINGS DONT WORRY ABOUT IT AND IF YOU SEE A HAUNT'S NUMBERS GOING UP BY THE HUNDREDS THAN YOU AND I BOTH CAN HAVE A GOOD LAUGH!
    8. Enjoy what you do and DO NOT LET A FEW ISSUES HERE CONSUME YOU!
    9. Do your very best that's all you can do and don't worry what haunt X,Y or Z is doing!
    10. I wish you the very best 2012 Halloween Season

Hope this hits a note with some and as much as I would like to post the haunt I am not going to however I feel they may slack off LOL! I also would say get off HW and stop clicking your numbers up here that's not going to help your show! What will help you as to have as many friends and supporters as you can and try to play a honest ball game! And get to something more important and thats getting your Haunt OPEN!!!!

Shane and it's just plain old Shane!
    sigpic

What state...please tell.

Still laughing at number faking...but curious if it is Michigan.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Very well said i thank you for this post i have had the same issues in my state. I am in the major town in my state with a metro area of over 1 million and have been in the buisness and on this site for going on 5 years yet a haunt of 2 years in a town of 20,000 population has surpassed my numbers at first i was mad and called patti but you are right if he is spending all his time on this medium of advertising it obvious he just doesnt get it. This advertising medium is only a small tool in a much larger picture so it obvouis that the people doing this dont understand advertising and media etc.

Comment

We have seen this here as well in just the small area I live in Northern Michigan - It was funny because about the same time their numbers went up our rating started getting slammed with negative response....at about the same rate that theirs was going up. I just let it go an let our reputation keep our numbers coming back, we no longer really worry about online reviews, ratings, etc.

Now we focus on providing a great show because if there has been anything we have learned in all our years running its that customer word of mouth is what is going to bring people back - not a rating on a website, or advertising that you are the best haunt in the world!!

I actually offer to advertise every haunt in my area and provide them with any help and ideas that I can.....in a way it pushes me to be more innovative and keep providing new things that you won't find at the other haunts around me - The first thing customers ask when coming out of our haunt is where they can find others in the area.....it definitely doesn't hurt our numbers, in fact I think working with other haunts will increase your numbers as long as everyone is playing fair and not giving customers false negative information just to steer people away from their competition.

Comment

Evernight

Great post. In thinking I have asked myself why these people do this? because if they are good at marketing then how do they know how many people actually visited their ad? Again I want my customers to visit not an employee or staff member running it up. Maybe Larry sould do it like voting and only allow one visit per day like they do with IP addresses in voting. But like I say it's the true fans that lines up at your front doors not the number of clicks you get! Again I SUPPORT HAUNTWORLD AND THEIR ADS IF I DID NOT I WOULD NOT BUY THEM!!! I have got alot of emails and this is a problem in all states usually the smaller haunts that dont spend money on their shows so maybe they feel more important to play nasty. Again I don't know why they do it! I just know that we should compete in a friendly manner and support our surrounding haunters we should be a family and not act like this is a damn fight that's been rigged! Shane and it's respectful! Shane
          sigpic

Comment

When someone points this out to us we fix it... but I'm no idiot when I see it I change it back. It is upsetting and I'm sorry it happens... Patti said just nix the views but I'm not going to do that just because of a handful of people. Our guests to the site want to know that information because it helps confirm to them this attraction has a lot of support.

Get on your facebook page and promote your profile and ask people to comment on the bottom of your profile. Everyone should do that... your customers can leave comments on your hauntworld profile. Gain views the right way!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Go to the head of the class.

I just let it go an let our reputation keep our numbers coming back, we no longer really worry about online reviews, ratings, etc.

Now we focus on providing a great show because if there has been anything we have learned in all our years running its that customer word of mouth is what is going to bring people back - not a rating on a website, or advertising that you are the best haunt in the world!!

I actually offer to advertise every haunt in my area and provide them with any help and ideas that I can.....in a way it pushes me to be more innovative and keep providing new things that you won't find at the other haunts around me - The first thing customers ask when coming out of our haunt is where they can find others in the area.....it definitely doesn't hurt our numbers, in fact I think working with other haunts will increase your numbers as long as everyone is playing fair and not giving customers false negative information just to steer people away from their competition.[/QUOTE]

What more do I need to say? He nailed it.

Comment

Larry.......

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                When someone points this out to us we fix it... but I'm no idiot when I see it I change it back. It is upsetting and I'm sorry it happens... Patti said just nix the views but I'm not going to do that just because of a handful of people. Our guests to the site want to know that information because it helps confirm to them this attraction has a lot of support.

Get on your facebook page and promote your profile and ask people to comment on the bottom of your profile. Everyone should do that... your customers can leave comments on your hauntworld profile. Gain views the right way!

Larry
                Larry........
                1. You should not appoligize for cheaters and I can honestly say I feel you guys do the very best you can but some people just can't stand on their own merit!
                2. I can see Patti's point take it off and you want have to deal with it. However I see your point too because I know I for one want to know how many views I get here it's makes for good business when we buy ads. There is no easy fix people are going to cheat simply because they think in their mind they can fool the public!

Shane and it's fool me once shame on you ! Fool me twice shame on me! Shane
                sigpic

Comment

You could also reconfigure the views on the Hauntworld profiles to go up +1 based on an IP address of the user. This way, once a profile is visited by a user, no matter how many times the user reloads the page, the profile count can't be inflated by visitors trying to game the system by constantly reloading the page.
                  News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                  Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Charles.........

Hummmm is there was a way to limit the view to one IP address a day that would be good. I mean you could still come but the counter would only allow the number to go up once a day from each IP? That stuff if a little out of my league! Larry? Anyone suggestions? Shane and it's there is no easy fix I am sure! Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

Pro sock puppets have many IP adresses and know how to change them. They think the goal is like being the 9th caller to a radio disc jockey show and you win a prize. Like they are just going to be one of the nations top haunts without having the videos, real reviews and industry presence. All you have to do in their minds is keep hitting redial. It is all some form of stupidity. They aren't little kids yet think what they are doing is helping something. Yet they have focused on something that really in the big picture is only a small percentage of what you can do to advertise.

Usually it is someone that had some stake in the haunt being a success but actually doesn't participate in the actual show. Thinking they have redial skills is all they have to contribute. The forums wrongly become something they think should be gamed and who ever is running things is not too bright when it is generally the other way around, they are just being stupid and focusing on a worthless goal.
                      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Working...
                      X