Dark Knight Rises - Let the Reviews begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deathwing View Post
    I hate when people clap during or after the movie. It's not a sport or live theater its a film and none of the performers are present.

Jake
    That may be true, but there's NOTHING wrong with public showing their respect and enthusiasm after a movie! It's a public gesture showing gratitude, like, not being ashamed to say "thank you" or "that was great" It's a "i loved it" without standing up and speaking the words.

One of my first experiences where a crowd got into a movie like that was Airforce One. When H. Ford overtook Gary Oldman (the hijacker). the whole crowd cheered (mostly non clapping cheers)

I for one love the feeling of the immersion of a movie. If a person doesn't feel that way about movies then... well....

I'll probably go and see it again.

Dewayne

Comment

Well I think it's incredibly cheesy cheering a movie that's a film and not live action, really corny. If you like it show your appreciation by saying that was good and spread the word not clapping and carrying in like someone scored a touchdown.

Jake

Comment

I went to see it Friday night and I really liked it. It has flaws but whatever, I was entertained throughout the movie and didn't get bored at any point. I still like the second movie better but this one is good. I'm not sure why some of the reviews I read from critics were so harsh. I honestly thought I wasn't going to like this movie going into it. I don't think it really ended in a way in which they couldn't make more movies in that particular universe. I might go again and take my kids not sure though.
        Jared Layman

Comment

W.B withholds box office results

What does everyone think of this? I will voice my opinion later.
          Damon
          www.frightmasters.weebly.com
          Damon Carson

Comment

Just got back, loved the movie! I even got a little teary eyed at points. Cat woman rocked and Baine was a bad ass, the only let down for me was Baines voice, that could have been and should have been taken care of.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I loved Banes voice in fact I thought it was one of the best things about the movie... making a voice that is hard to hear or understand. Nolan is trying to make a WORLD where you can actually believe its happening. So should everything be perfect ... ahh no! Fact is Batman movies are something you can almost believe could happen where as say Avengers is totally impossible. That is why Batman movies are better than any of the Marvel movies. I thought how clever to do a voice you coudl hardly understand because Bane wouldn't be the only person in the World you have trouble hearing. Why make things so clear and obvious.

Anyway... the Dark Knight Rises would make for AWESOME music in your haunt. I downloaded it today and its badass!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The soundtrack is good Hans Zimmer is a genius!

DA

Comment

Dark Knight

Best Batman movie yet...

Comment

Slain, I was just talking about that. I personally feel that it was a better "Movie" or drama than the last one, but The Dark Knight (2nd one) was a much better "Batman Movie" The new one had less bat and more drama and I think it was very well put together.

And I still believe that Michael Cain gave one of his best performances. The movie sucked me in and when he went to work, boy he put it on! I got choked up AGAIN while watching it with my brother, as did he but he won't admit it :P

Next, I think Bane was absolutely awesome. I agree with the voice. While I was keeping up with the on set videos and stills, I was at first disappointed in his voice and appearance. But they made it all work out much better than I'd thought.
                    Bane's actor knew he had to act more with his body, since his face was covered up 100% of the time. The voice, I agree isn't suppose to be perfect for this reason. And then you have the body movement itself. Was a great performance.

Dewayne

Comment

Batman

I dont want to spoil it for everyone but this one has a few twist unlike the Heath Ledger Joker ("best joker ever" Bain makes the joker look like a choir boy)you knew who the villian and the hero were. I think the colorado shootings will take its toll on this movie. We went yesterday to a busy theater close to us but only 40 people in the 3:20 showing.. Be interesting to see what the box office number did...

Comment

boxoffice

Warner Brothers withheld the boxoffice numbers. First time in B.O history. I think in a way was a smart thing and out of respect for the murders in Colorado. But. It was to protect there investment as well there is a lot riding for them on this movie. Also a lot to gain. Personally the realism and terrorist types act of destruction versus comic book type stuff might turn out to be to real for them in the long run? I mean 12 lives lost and 58 injured by a madman armed claiming he is the Joker is a bit much! Its a scary world we live in! I don't think Batman did better than the Avengers but it may have if this hadn't happened!
                        Damon
                        www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                        Damon Carson

Comment

Absolutly loved it, the best action hero film yet hands down. the seens were fantastic, the sets rediculously great. Probbaly one of the few movies i actually was able to sink into and watch as a movie. im gona pay to see it again infact tonight.lol i never do that.
                          have a great nigth all.
                          The Care Taker
                          John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Does anyone else think that Cat womans girl freind was Harlequin, I thought that she said "Harle, he's not a mark". I could be worng.
                            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Originally posted by SomeThingInTheIce View Post
                              Does anyone else think that Cat womans girl freind was Harlequin, I thought that she said "Harle, he's not a mark". I could be worng.
                              Cat woman is lesbian in the movie?

Comment

Couple things... first off Catwoman was not a lesbian in the film. Not to give anything away but looked to me like she ended up with Batman. I think the presumption she was a lesbian but the reality is that girl was probably more of her accomplice in crimes. Hard to say either way.

Secondly Dark Knight Rises did 160 million dollars and its the highest grossing movie ever that is NON-3D. Had they done a 3D version to the film it would have added another 20 to 30 million to the pot. So the movie did very well. Yes I think all the bad PR surrounding this disturbed person, who clearly didn't have a clue what he's done, at least to me it seems like this guy is suffering from some very serious mental issues. I mean that in a serious way, I mean seriously why does someone do such a thing unless they are suffering from some really serious mental issues. The guy needs to be locked up in a psycho ward ... this person is very disturbed.

And I"ll be honest hearing about what happened made the new Dark Knight movie tainted ... I wanted to enjoy and celebrate the film as I'm a huge batman fan, and now its hard to do so because you keep thinking about all those people who got killed watching the movie. Its very very disturbing... and I wish someone could go back in time and fix that problem but we all know that is not possible.

So yes I do think the box office will be affected because Warner Brothers can't really turn on their PR MACHINE to continue the promotion of the film in the wake of this horrific tragedy... that will probably be the MAIN reason why it will lose box office steam going forward. Reason being is that I think people really wanted to see the movie in record numbers but the movie will fall out of mind out of sight with the lack of continued promotion behind... I think Warner really has to eat this one and keep the promotion off and let the movie ride it out on its on and word of mouth which is strong.

With all that being said I thought this movie was the best comic book film ever made period end of story. I would suggest to anyone who loves movies of this type to see the movie because its worth every single penny. I loved it... and I think Nolan is hands down the best director in the World at this point. He just proved that once again you can take material that some might say has been beat into the ground and he made it new, interesting, fresh and just outright awesome.

Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President
                                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                                X