HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Edge Designs Problems!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Edge Designs Problems! 
    Anyone notice that Edge Designs website is shut down? I've sent emails and left phone messages about an issue since a couple weeks after Transworld and NO response, I'm very frustrated, any suggestions how to get in touch with them?
    Hangman's House of Horrors
    www.hangmans.com

2. Default  
    He has an account on this website and has posted many times so I'm sure he'll see this thread and get back to you! Larry

3. Default Edge Designs problems 
    We had the same issues and tried many times to reach them. I finally left a voicemail that got returned a few days ago, and they are shipping my stuff out. According to Ann at Edge Designs, they were working on an international job that took everyone out of the shop.

I understand how this happens but it would be better for business to notify customers and return emails/voicemails. Keep trying an dhopefully they will get back to you as they did to me, but it took me close to a month.
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

4. Default aahh, customer service strikes again... 
    What else is new? Why is customer service such a damn big problem to this industry? It takes next to nothing to have a service or whatever answer calls, forward calls & emails, freaking answering machine, an $8. hour receptionist answering calls...whatever! Heeelllloooo, anybody in the industry listening?

P.

5. Default  
    Be sure to post your vendor review and let everyone know about your experiences with Edge Designs. Good and bad.

http://www.hauntersdigest.com/2010/0...n-theme-decor/
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

6. Default Customer Service is scary! 
    Good question Pickle. I have been in the entertainment business many years, dealing with rental houses, effect shops, and theatre vendors of all types and I ahve never seen the problems I experience in the Haunt Business. I dont know why the companies in our industry have so many issues with their customer service, but I can tell you that when I have a postive experience with a vendor, I deal with that vendor year after year.

I have had some great success in picking out vendors lately, but once in a while a bad apple pops up and spoils my track record. Maybe we need to add a new workshop at Transworld.

Hey Larry ..... how about a workshop for vendors on customer service??
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

7. Default Thaaattttsss great! 
    BigT,

That's the best suggestion I've heard in a long time! C'me on Larry, what do say? You may need two workshops because all the vendors that NEED to attend will over run the first workshop! I know for sure in my biz that if I ran it the way these vendors do my doors would have been shut after the first month!

P.

8. Default Probs 
    Amen to that...

DarksideStew

9. Default Suggestion 
    I have a suggestion.
    why don't you just buy from Gore Galore?
    That will solve the problem.

There is an easy answer. ANSWER the phone. Hmmm, You would think it was that simple wouldn't you?
    Sadly, It isn't. Many haunt vendors also have day jobs. They can't answer the phone if they want to keep that day job.
    Or maybe they are actually working on your order. They might be out of state or out of the country. They might be welding, or mold making, sculpting. There are a whole slew of things they could be doing that keep them from answering the phone. Maybe they know they can't fill your order so they don't answer the phone then they don't have to say NO.

However, As a vendor, I know if I don't answer the phone, the buyer will call someone else. SO, why would you not answer the phone. Or atleast call the customer right back.

We solved the problem of the phone answering by hiring an office manager who is also customer service. Honestly, she wears alot of hats. She is also one of the main reasons our product innovation has risen over the last couple years. She frees me from running the office. Now, I dedicate myself to design, sculpting, molding, tech, and customer service. BUT it is a big expense, and one you may not have had yesterday or last year. However this step can really help a company grow.

But it still isn't that simple.
    However, I do know how to make it that simple. Stop buying from companies who do NOT take care of business.
    Then those companies either adapt or go out of business. We work really hard to do a good job at customer service.
    So, If doing that earns your business, then call us. We will tell you when we can put your order into our schedule and an estimated date of when your order will be shipped.

we are waiting by the phone

Remember companies can only do 2 out of these 3 things or else they will put themselves out of business.
    Which would you choose?
    1. customer service
    2. product quality/innovation
    3. cheap price

We ALWAYS opt for 1 and 2.
    What are you always looking at when you are buying something. How cool it is catches your eye first. Then you immediately check out the price, don't you? Or what do you do?
    Last edited by Gore Galore; 07-11-2012 at 04:24 PM.

10. Default Amen to that!!! 
    I'm with Kevin here. As a businessman for more than 22 yrs. I realize it is not easy...trust me. I know it is not easy to answer the phone and stop welding, fabing, whatever because you simply cannot get anything accomplished! BUT, and this is a BIG BUT...if you are not willing to hire a office manager, receptionist or service of some sort, it is than YOUR job to do this when your done in the shop for the day. Sorry, but there are NO excuses for not returning calls or emails, whatever in a TIMELY manner (like within 24 hours). Just don't get it...LMAO my 13 year old boy is standing here in front of me telling me that I'm "beatin' a dead horse"! LMAO A 13 year old gets it...but some of these vendors?????????????????????????????

PS: Kevin, you don't have to wait by the phone for my call...I already called you last week and placed my order!

P.

Thread Information