I need a Big Black Cauldron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a Big Black Cauldron

I need a big black cauldron for a scene. I'm thinking of doing a TCT with it, having a severed, cooked head pop-up out of a fog effect which ostensibly is the soup steaming and bubbling up. I'll have a bubbling sound effect in the background.

Any ideas?

C.

Big planter pots, paint it black with some kind of dry brushing and add handles. Some are actually light weight fiber yet still somewhat structural and can carry lots of dirt. I don't think they are that much money.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
      Big planter pots, paint it black with some kind of dry brushing and add handles. Some are actually light weight fiber yet still somewhat structural and can carry lots of dirt. I don't think they are that much money.
      Do the ones you are thinking of come in the characteristic round, belled shape, or are they more straight sided?

C.

Comment

BIG Cauldron!

I guess you're looking for something like this...
        http://www.eventprophire.com/_images...n_hire_NEW.jpg
        http://www.eventprophire.com/themes/...oween-cauldron
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by rfsystems View Post
          I guess I am! So, how much does it usually cost to "rent" one of those, or how difficult would it be to source one?

C.

Comment

I was working on mine yesterday. Airports have lots of old soap and other types of plastic barrels they have to pay to have removed. I cut it in half. It's free and large. I found the idea online to glue a pool noodle along the cut edge, I am painting it, adding detail and aging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellinton View Post
              I was working on mine yesterday. Airports have lots of old soap and other types of plastic barrels they have to pay to have removed. I cut it in half. It's free and large. I found the idea online to glue a pool noodle along the cut edge, I am painting it, adding detail and aging it.
              Brilliant!! Got pics? Links?

Also, how much would it cost to buy one of those rental cauldrons?

C.

Comment

Don't know...

I couldn't find anymore info on a giant cauldron, but I did find a 16" one for about $15...
                BB500.jpg
                http://www.nightmarefactory.com/halloweendecor.html
                It looks like it might be big enough to pull a head out of.

If your interested in trying to build one, you might start with a half wooden barrel, a pool noodle and some monster mud.

Hope this helped...
                Last edited by rfsystems; 07-22-2012, 09:24 AM. Reason: added site where I found it.
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

There are plant and small tree planters that look roundy just like that. Unfortunately we have to move them all the time from fancy pool decks. They might be somewhat seasonal in supply though.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

eyes 001 (2).jpg Caudron craft in progress

Comment

Thanks guys! This is awesome so far! Keep the ideas coming. I'll start investigating these options!

C.

Comment

I have a large one you can just have if you can get it or ship it lol.

It's fiberglass and can fit a person inside it.

Please get rid of it for me lol, I don't have the heart to throw it out but I just don't have a use for it haha, I don't like cauldrons and it was kinda sorta a present from a long time ago and it's collecting dust.

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
                          I have a large one you can just have if you can get it or ship it lol.

It's fiberglass and can fit a person inside it.

Please get rid of it for me lol, I don't have the heart to throw it out but I just don't have a use for it haha, I don't like cauldrons and it was kinda sorta a present from a long time ago and it's collecting dust.
                          Sounds very interesting. Got pics? Send to email?

C.

Comment

Sorry I just saw this.
                            http://www.tmitanks.com/pages/produc...herical_tanks/
                            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                              Whoa, they look awesome! Excellent find! I wonder how much they run for? Salvage, maybe?

C.

Comment

Working...
                              X