Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many credit cards processed on your website vs. onsite transactions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many credit cards processed on your website vs. onsite transactions.

Not to hijack the other thread about processing credit cards through Square. Just wondering what the difference in sales would be if you did or did not offer ticket purchases online while always accepting them onsite. Would the ease and use of Square more than offset the costs of traditional merchant accounts or is it all just a wash and doesn't really matter. If I sell a thousand bucks or more online that is gonna make it awfully hard to not offer online sells as well. Since I am a little bit smaller haunt in terms of size and price I cannot justify 10% or more of my CC sales going toward a ticketing agency.

What percentage of your credit card transactions are in person and what percentage are sold online?
    Last edited by Skeered; 07-22-2012, 08:07 PM.

What about Pay Pals new square competitor a bit cheaper then square no fees etc.

Comment

Skeered,

I have used online tickets sales for a number of years. I have seen the numbers of online ticket sales decline over those years, while on site credit card sales have risen a lot. So, this is the first year in about 6 years that I have decided not to do any online ticket sales and switched to square. You can also charge a service fee for using credit cards. Lets say a dollar or two per transaction which will usually cover the extra cost that your paying the credit company or merchant account company. People are used to paying service fees for event tickets so it's never a problem and you don't lose money at all. Just make sure you advertise that you accept credit cards at the ticket office.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
      Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
      www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Working...
      X