Bone Yard Bargains Hellavator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bone Yard Bargains Hellavator

Does anyone own a Hellavator from Bone Yard Bargains and if so how hard was this to assemble......OR does anyone know of a better deal? Theirs is listed for $3500.
    http://www.myspace.com/scareview

We've (pale night productions) built several motion platforms over the years. I would be very skeptical of a motion platform effect that costs $3500. The way we build them my cost is more than $3500 without any profit added. I just wouldn't trust the safety and any time you're moving people you'd better be sure its safe! You get what you pay for. That's my two cents...
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

Comment

Our Platform

Kip Before you shoot of your mouth about another company's products, you should know what you are talking about. We have several of our motion platforms at haunted attractions currently, With no issues. We build our products to the highest quality standards.Not sure how someone can pass judgement on a product they have never seen or used. I guess just trying to seal business. Good luck with that Kip.

Comment

Bad form

Yeah, bad form to hijack the thread for self-promotion.

But anyway... did you know that nobody builds more motion platforms than FRIGHTPROPS?
        www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
        [Google+] [YouTube]
        [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Fright Props supplied 2 motion platforms, and Edge Designs did the hellavator build we used when we built the Blood Bayou for Silverwood theme parks Scarywood haunted Nights. We were running 6,000 some nights. So they got a hell of alot of use. And here it is 2 years later, and they are still running strong.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Bonehead,

I'm sorry that you take such offense to my thoughts, but that's how I feel. I've seen these things made very poorly in the past to save a buck and that scares me. Yours is very inexpensive so I'm concerned.

But, since you want to accuse me of stealing your business (which is not at all my intention), I wanted to bring up a couple things. You seem to have a knack for stealing other people's ideas and selling cheaper versions of them. Here's a quick list:

Our "Asylum Door": http://boneyardbargains.ca/props/cus...e-gateway.html
            Haunted Enterprises "Last Ride": http://boneyardbargains.ca/props/cus...sket-ride.html
            Scarefactory's "Haunted Coat Rack": http://boneyardbargains.ca/props/custom/coat-rack.html

On your knock off of the Scraefactory Haunted Coat Rack you are even showing the video of Scarefactory's prop from their booth at Transworld and passing it off as your own.

I'm simply stating my concerns over a prop that could KILL people if built incorrectly and believe me I've seen many built incorrectly. If you want to accuse me of trying to steal your business you'd better make sure you're not stealing mine and everyone elses openly on your website first. We don't steal business and we absolutely don't sell knock-off copies of other people's work.
            Kip Polley
            www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
            We Engineer Fear

Comment

Rip off

I see Kip you still have a stick up your ass about the Door. Well lets set the record straight.

Our door. We shot our own video ,our door slides open to reveal the same hallway that is in to video. Your asylum door does not open .Our door skin is of our own design.Our door is our design. Since you what to slam my work, your door construction was very cheaply made. Ours was high Quality construction. Our door is nothing like the one you built. If you think you are the only one in the world that can think up using video for props. And if you think you own the idea for a door, you should check you ego at the door. Ours was a custom job.

The casket ride. I spoke with Randy about building it , to get his approval. And he was Ok with it. Randy does great work, and builds a great product.

As for the Coat rack , our construction is nothing like David's. I respect David,s work and would not copy it. and yes that is his video, was going to change it when I got a video of mine.

I see from the posts Kip, Many Companies make motion platform's, are you going to tell them that yours is better. or they stole the idea from you.

Comment

Again, I'm not trying to sell motion platforms here. I'm not really sure why you keep trying to suggest that I am. We build motion platform effects custom for our customers here and there, but it isn't something that we really push and it definitely isn't the kind of work that I go out looking for. Again, my whole issue has been with people building these very dangerous platforms in very unsafe ways. I've seen and read about many. My ultimate concern is safety here. That was the only point of my post. I think it's pretty obvious that the poster was trying to save money...he asked if anyone knew of a platform that cost less than yours. I said I wouldn't build one for myself for $3500. That's hardly trying to solicit a client.

And, as for all your excuses about your various idea thefts, that's all they are. I still have a stick up my ass? Well...yeah...there's something about blatant idea theft that has always got me all up in arms. Our Asylum Door is cheaply built? Well, we can ask the nearly 100 customers who have purchased it from us if they agree with you or not. As best I can remember, we have only had 3 customers ever call us with an issue and we have quickly handled each one. In most cases, they have been in operation for up to 4 years now without fail. You can say you shot your own video, you made it slide, you did whatever but at the end of the day you took our idea and made a copy of it. I don't think I'm the only one capable of creating video-prop hybrids but at least come up with an original idea instead of just coopting the first one we ever created.

And the Sacrefactory piece? You're saying yours is nothing like Dave's, but you're using his video to promote yours. It is NEVER okay to pass someone else's work off as your own no matter what the circumstances. I've seen a lot of people steal prop ideas from myself and others but none so bold as to use the video of the original prop as their own!

This is the problem with the haunt industry and I've brought it up several times before. Haunted houses are a unique industry. We are not consumer electronics. There are many LCD TV manufacturers out there each making some minor modification to the standard TV and calling it wowing and different. The market can support all those manufacturers because there are that many TVs bought every year. In this industry, the customer pool is shallow and unique concepts are what keep vendors in business. This industry can't support 12 vendors all making Asylum Door rip-offs. Vendors should be producing original products or nothing at all, if you ask me. Customers should not support rip-off artists, if you ask me. The eventual end to all of this is that creative and unique companies will either be run out of business by rip-offs or eventually just get tired of it and leave the industry of their own will. Either way, where will the rip-off artists get their ideas then? This industry is shooting itself in the foot by supporting copy cats.

Haunt owners, I'm talking directly to all of you. If you love this industry, if you love unique ideas, and if you love vendors that bring you something new and original every year you have to support them...but that's only half the battle. You also have to refuse to support those that make a living off the backs of creative vendors. If you don't, you'll eventually be left with only copycats and nobody for them to copy. This industry is too small and too tight knit for this. Buyers need us and we need you. Let's all band together to put an end to this copy cat garbage. Next year at Transworld there will be something there and everyone will know it. Maybe it'll be another knock-off of Kevin's giant costumes, maybe it'll be a knock-off Dark Raven snake, maybe it'll be another in the insanely long line of Asylum Door knock-offs...whatever it is just don't buy it. Those vendors should show one year and never again. I can't make that happen and neither can any of the other vendors...but you buyers can. Speak with your wallets. Take a stand for those vendors that struggle every year to push themselves harder and further than before to bring you something new and exciting.

This stuff has been allowed to go on for far too long. Let's all work together to stop it. Competition is one thing. I can handle that. Idea theft is a completely different issue. Support creative and unique vendors. Don't buy from copy cats!
                Kip Polley
                www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                We Engineer Fear

Comment

Oh...one other thing...not to be petty but we do actually own the idea. Attahced is our copyright certification for the Asylum Door which covers a multimedia display of a video clip shown in a door with animatronic motion (axe hits). In the past, we have simply tried to talk to those vendors that stole our work and make them stop. For the past two years we have been working very hard with our lawyer and the copyright office to construct copyright language to protect ALL of our products past, present, and future and give us solid ground to legally pursue anyone who steals from us now. Just FYI...
                  Attached Files
                  Kip Polley
                  www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                  We Engineer Fear

Comment

OK

I agree with you about the video I was wrong of me to post The coat rack video I'm removing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X