Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes a bypass is nessessary.

I have seen the best of the best

If we are looking for "REALISTIC" then there is not 1 haunted attraction on the planet thats "REALISTIC"........

Darksidestew

Comment

I've seen them used at most haunts even the bigger ones like Bates Motel and I think Netherworld uses them, it's like a chainsaw at this point.

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
        Yes a bypass is nessessary.

I have seen the best of the best

If we are looking for "REALISTIC" then there is not 1 haunted attraction on the planet thats "REALISTIC"........

Darksidestew
        Excellent response here and he is right. There are no realistic haunts. Look at Larry's haunt the Darkness for example. It's incredibly detailed, beautifully detailed but there is no haunted house that would really be that detailed and have monsters in every room. The most realistic haunted house would look like the house in Woman in Black and that would be boring as hell to tour as a haunted attraction. Haunts are make believe and over the top and guests miss 95% of the finer details you put into your shows anyway so you might as well use gags and be over the top because it's certainly not realistic if it were real you'd be killed in the first scene!

DA

Comment

I think pillows on the ground are more effective.
          Last edited by The Wilmont Estate; 07-24-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

two words- psychological terror.

gross? I suppose- if you're lazy. your ass would be nasty too if you didn't wash it daily either...
            How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Originally posted by zombietoxin View Post
              two words- psychological terror.

gross? I suppose- if you're lazy. your ass would be nasty too if you didn't wash it daily either...
              THANK YOU!!!!

Just cause one person isn't claustrophobic doesn't mean many more aren't!! Or vice-versa...

To say a "gag" is dumb IS dumb...It's not for every haunt...if you disagree then continue on living without one!!

empty, long, dark hallways scare people...

being touched by thread hanging from the ceiling scares people...

loud noises, air and weird smells scare people...

To discount any scare tactic a haunt uses would essentially nullify most shows that exist today...it all comes back to psychology.

I also agree realism is HUGE but some aspects have to be exaggerated to take a show to the next level (in terms of senses) because let's face it, a HUGE number of our clientele are getting more and more desensitized as the days go on. Dinosaurs and giant gorillas are NOT typically encountered on a day to day...neither are mummies, vampires or three headed dogs. Realism is not the point here.
              O'Shawn McClendon
              Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

I'm so afraid...

Lions and tigers and bears (Oh my!)
                I've got a beautiful clear material with an oversized scrim (nylon mesh) for stregnth. I've put it in several squeeze rooms (clost. rooms). It has been holding up beautifully for the last 4 seasons. Putting an actor "behind the wall" would also be an easy thing to do since he would have a constant supply of fresh air. Your patrons would squeeze between the dark pillows and half way through a strobe comes on and theres a monster separated from them by only 2 milimeters of fabric.
                Germs are everywhere….everywhere. If snotty nosed kids were a real threat there would be no schools, no restaurants, no public transportation, no movie theatres, no malls and no haunted houses. Sex would be out too.
                If you don't like a prop - don't use it, you don't need an excuse, it's a free country.
                George Maser
                By the way, my fans have not been recalled and are fine to use.
                Last edited by George Maser; 07-29-2012, 11:06 PM. Reason: left out the reason for posting in the first place.
                George Maser 864-761-7223, masertents@gmail.com. For the fastest response please call or text! (I talk much better than I type)

Comment

Onadira Scare Products Purchases likely to be recall fans

I bought a *DUMB* Claustrophobia last year from Onadira - Scare Products and it came with the recalled fans. Model 3004AD

Just a word of warning to those who are not sure.

I love the product and so do the patrons.

Ed Z

Comment

If you have not done so yet, do the electronic recall email that Tony posted on the first thread. EDIC rep told me it takes 2 weeks to receive email and mail out replacement parts. I emailed them the day this thread started, I was getting worried because there was no response so I called EDIC today. They told me the parts are mailed to the address given in the electronic email but there is no other communication from them, they gave a timeline of 14-17 days post email.

Comment

replacement fans

I get a huge volume discount and would be glad to help with replacement fans shipped sameday from the factory. Please call for the fastest service. George Maser 864-761-7223
                      George Maser 864-761-7223, masertents@gmail.com. For the fastest response please call or text! (I talk much better than I type)

Comment

Working...
                      X