Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup Dept

Hello Campers,

I am working with my makeup manager on our make up needs this season. We are doing airbrush/standard/and prostetics. Would you guys tell me who you recommend and who to stay away from?

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

I like european body art.

Wolfebrothers creme make up has some grit in it that has made my actors eyes uncomfortable, so keep that way from eyes.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Mehron is great!

The Wolfe Brothers palettes are very good as well! I haven't used the Wolfe cream, but the palletes are phenomenal.

Avoid anything that you can buy at walmart, or most pop up halloween stores, that's all junk, hard to work with, and not great for actors. For the price, Mehron and Wolfe are the way to go, also check out sillyfarm.com, they have a really nice selection and can probably help you out if you call them up.

Comment

Mehron,Ben Nye and wolf are all great makeup. Avoid graftobian I despise that makeup it barely covers its just plain bad.

Comment

Mehron for me

I use Mehron for airbrush, and Ben N ye for everything else. The Ben Nye is awesome makeup because it is designed for theater where actors get sweaty and stuff. Great palette as well. Dont use the Ben Nye liquid for airbrushing though. They talked me into it a few years back and I had nothing but trouble (even after watering it done considerably).
          Travis "Big T" Russell
          President
          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Mehron is great for base make-up. It's cheaper then Ben Nye and usually when you buy it in bulk they will give you a good discount.

Our make-up artist has used Badger water based airbrush paint to paint most of our characters. It isn't labeled as make-up grade paint, but it's water based and non-toxic so we have had no problems at all using it. Usually we will go through a large bottle a season, and that makes for a ton of make-ups. Usually you can get it pretty cheap over at Hobby Lobby with their 40% off coupon.
            Just your friendly neighborhood...........awe hell I can't think of anything witty

Comment

I agree use Mehron for air brush. But you don't need to spend the extra money for the "air brush" makeup. You can use their regular liquid makeup then by some of their mixing fluid and use 2/3 makeup 1/3 mixing fluid. Depending on your model of air brush you may need to adjust that ratio for best results. Works great and goes a long way. Also I would buy direct from Mehron. Much cheaper than getting it through one of their suppliers.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
              Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction (The Final Chapter)
              www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
              1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

What about non airbrush face paint makeup use? What would you recommend if applying by foam pads? Thanks

Comment

European Body Art for the airbrush....Hands down best haunted house colors and it doesnt have that horrible airbrush smell to it.
                  Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                  X