This Seasons Days of Operation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Seasons Days of Operation...

Okay, since this Halloween falls on a Wednesday & most of you seem to not open Halloween...any thoughts on opening the full moon Monday or Tuesday prior? And I notice many pro haunts tend to stretch into November (2nd & 3rd this year) does that work or is it worthwhile? Seems to me the "Halloween thrill" is over once the 31st is over...or am I wrong. If it is worthwhile should we attack it any differently (reduced ticket prices, etc.) Just like to see what your opinions on this might be...soooo please chime in, I'd appreciate any info you give me!

P.
    Jim Pashley
    The FEAR FACTORY
    www.thefearfactorynj.com
    855-NJ HAUNT
    sigpic
    "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

I have seen it work and not work.

Sometimes the biggest factor is... the weather. Sometimes the biggest factor will be the weather man's forecast if he scares them into staying home....no matter what the weather actually turns out to be.
    For many customers at the strike of midnight on October 31st a large , heavy guillotine blade may as well fall, cutting off anyone's further intrest in things Halloween, scary or Halloween-Like, til next year.
    When I had the only haunt open after Oct. 31st, most of my custumoers were other haunters (Some drove 4 hours to get here) and it was a good business they gave me too!
    I had a November many years ago that was very good, the weather played a large part in this. Some October fans would want me to be open Dec. 25th and /or New Years Eve, but then they never show up, too cold, bad weather, whatever?
    Northwestern Illinois gets cold (or used to)and the State of Illinois does buy larger trucks for this part of the State just so they can plow all that snow better, up and down these hills!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This season

Good thread. I have been thinking about this also. The 31st will be my last day of the season. I think I will skip the Monday and Tuesday before. I will be open Thursday-Sunday before Halloween. I think I will run about 13 nights this year.

Buck
      Capt.Chaos
      Fear Asylum Haunted House
      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

first year

this is my first year with a indoor haunt so i need to max my $$. im planing on being open the last fri and sat in Sept, then every thur, fri and Sat in Oct and i am going to open halloween, if theres no business ill close early and have a cast party. this year im not paying till then anyway. should be 15 nights total.

Comment

We are opening Mon - Halloween the last week. We have some special events planned for Monday and Tuesday and we always have a decent Halloween. We have never had much luck staying open past Halloween. I think people are just done with it by then and looking forward to Thanksgiving and X-mas.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
          Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
          www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
          1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Massacre

We just looked at our days for this year and decided to lose September and concentrate on October. We are opening the 4th to start. The Monday and Tuesday before Halloween we are going to remain open, but close the Thursday and then open again for Friday and Saturday, November 2nd & 3rd.
            Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
            sean@pixelpushersinc.com
            312.613.7326 Mobile
            847.550.6560 X 102 Office
            844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

Working...
            X