Room idea coming together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room idea coming together

A few weeks back I needed help on a room idea for a kill floor. First off i want to say thank you, we are no going on this room. I wanted to show the progress of the pigs, we are making 10 of them. We have all of the heads made and 2 of them almost done.
    Thanks again
    pig 1.jpgpig 2.jpgpig 3.jpgpig 4.jpg

Awesome! looks great!
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Looks good. Before you wrapped what looks like tape or plasitic wrap around it, what did you make the body frame out of?
      Jared Layman

Comment

We used

We used two 5 gallon buckets taped together then you put a I bolt so you can put a string thur it later to hang it. After that we used Allens idea of tape and plastic around a stuffed boar head. Tape the head on the bucket then cut the shoulders and back legs out of couch cushion foam. Tape them up to get a better look it rounds the edges really well. Add some padding for the belly and back on the bucket to give it a rounded shape. Wrap the body in plastic then duct tape to tighten it up. There is some black spray latex in a can but i can't think of what it is called that we sprayed it with so it will paint better and give it a skin feel. Get some latex caulking or liquid latex and blend everything together and add the cuts you want on the body. Cut a hole in the foam around where the butt would be and run a string or whatever you want to hang it from and paint. I think that is pretty close, forgive my grammer it's not the greatest. A lot of thanks to Allen for the Youtube videos, they helped us put all this stuff together for a pig.

Thanks
        Brett

Comment

Ahh the ears

The ears are framed in garden stakes or a litttle thicker, then a rag covered in latex caulking and the extra is trimmed off. If you have a pig head already we put a trash bag over it and wrapped in in clear tape. Removed it and stuffed it tight so the form would hold.........Now i think thats it

Comment

Outstanding!!! Great job!! Keep sending pictures of your progress.

Comment

Rock on! so many techniques!

Comment

Video tutorial, maybe? I have a hallway that would work perfectly with a meat locker with tons of pigs.

(Either that, or a laser vortex.)

C.

Comment

Looks pretty realistic, this praise is coming from a hog farmer.

Comment

Definitely something to be proud of! Great job man, and keep on going!

All the best of luck to ya! Keep posting build pics, they're always fun to see!

Comment

The pigs look great. I'm sitting here laughing my ass off because in Allen's projects, behind the scenes, step one is always to find someone to tape up for a few hours, not buckets and foam. Someone has to get wrapped up. Plus they are told for these hours they are going to become a giant stuffed rat or a pig.
                      Last edited by Greg Chrise; 07-28-2012, 10:46 PM.
                      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Amazing job. They look very realistic.
                        http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Nice job!

Allan

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
                            The pigs look great. I'm sitting here laughing my ass off because in Allen's projects, behind the scenes, step one is always to find someone to tape up for a few hours, not buckets and foam. Someone has to get wrapped up. Plus they are told for these hours they are going to become a giant stuffed rat or a pig.
                            Oh, you saw that tutorial too, eh?

C.

Comment

" I'm sitting here laughing my ass off because in Allen's projects, behind the scenes, step one is always to find someone to tape up for a few hours, not buckets and foam. Someone has to get wrapped up. Plus they are told for these hours they are going to become a giant stuffed rat or a pig."
                              Greg, Laugh away, but please give accurate info. It takes about 30 min to do a tape cast.in two of my videos I used people because I was making people shaped things. Pigs are not person shaped so it makes no sense to use a person. Im the one who told him to use two buckets. Please dont make the process out to be worse than it is, its simple cheap and very effective.
                              Allen H

Comment

Working...
                              X