A fear cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fear cage

Has anyone used the technique of creating a fear cage with like ultra low bass or electromagnetic fields in a room? Something that will make people feel uneasy but not have permanent effects?

~Ryan
    BARN OF TERROR
    www.barnofterror.us

That's exactly what im thinking! I might be mistaken, but you may look into TRANSDUCERS. They shake with super low frequencies. I was thinking that in combination with a low "whirring" sound from a couple of subs (like in transformers dark of the moon trailer) would be wicked in an enclosed room!

Frightprops has or had an audio that was all low frequency sounds in their audio section. It might help.

Comment

massive vibrations...

Here's a weird-ass freebie idea that we did with outstanding results and relatively low cost-

Buy a Harbor Freight Cement Vibrator (about $80). Get the free one year warranty (although I doubt you will need it) and bolt the vibrating head to the floor with u-bolts along side of the path- Within 5-6 feet anyway. Must be a wood floor or similar- not cement of course! Rig the power cord with a momentary switch for an actor to trigger when they walk by.

They will come out of their shoes- no doubt.

Was so funny to watch we tried to record the reactions, but the light was to low to get much...

Makes your feet numb...
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

we did the say thing Zombie, except we used the Harbor Freight "palm" sanders ,on sale for $8.00 dollars, bolted to a plywood floor, rigged them to a "power strip" for the "switch" ...WAY cheap like 40.00 dollars total.
        Slaughter.
        Last edited by slaughtermail; 07-25-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Well there goes spending $500 for a transducer! Thanks guys!

Comment

19 Hz is supposed to be the magic number. Careful, tho. Fear Generators work on actors as well as patrons. Make sure no actors are near the room when it deploys.

JB used one back in the day, and after one night, turned it off. It was just way too intense!

C.

Comment

Whole-House Silence

Also has the potentual to be scary, of course no old house is ever trully quiet.. very long.
              My Ex heard a whole roomfull singing , talking, mumbling, all on the other side of the wall. it was 2AM?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                My Ex heard a whole roomful singing , talking, mumbling, all on the other side of the wall. it was 2AM?
                Is that why she's your "ex"?

C.

Comment

"Is that why she's my EX?"

That is what she said, but she had been here for seven years.
                  She also had her hair pulled while she was alone in the wine cellar. The ceiling is 12 foot high, stone arch, a few feet of dirt above that and the house on top of that dirt, very difficult to make some device by me, that could have pulled her hair.(It was not me)
                  She saw ghosts on the survelence camera one October night after we closed, in the wine cellar.
                  All of these things I have been talking about during my house tours but I seldom tell them seriously because I don't need to terrorize or traumatize anyone. By adding some attempted humor to these events makes them much more paltable for everyone and easier to ignore such a history because some may then consider it all a joke, it they need to do that?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Zombie and Slaughter, what do you think about bolting onto to the floor, and another on the other side of the wall panel? Im guessing it makes a crazy loud noise, so im thinking through the wall panel would be ridiculously loud?

Comment

Palm Sander

We bolted an old palm sander to the under side of our bridge last year in our Swamp theme, it was triggered when they hit the halfway point on the bridge......you could hear it all through the haunt hahahahaha. It did get great reactions though, it vibrated the whole bridge.

Comment

yea it's loud,
                        we used them on a wooded bridge that had "high voltage" lines around it...with electrical sounds. I'm not sure if that's what your after but it worked...
                        We even did the same gimmick on our hayride. Bolted the sanders under the school bus seats on our trailer in the "middle seats" b/c that's where everyone who is scared wants to sit.

Comment

Working...
                        X