Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile AC power packs

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a source for mobile AC power packs?? just like was frightprops sells? I can't pay the frightprops price, I LOVE frightprops don't get me wrong and they were very good to us last year but I can't see the cost in their setup, do any of you guys out there know where I could find another similar mobile power unit or pieces to make one? I imagine a decent battery, but don't know how to create the proper outputs safely.

Harbor Freight has the exact same ones that fright props uses in their little "fanny packs", I don't have the model number on me but can post it later , after I go out to the haunt get it.
    Slaughter

Comment

Ever make it to your haunt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone who's read this

Comment

What are you using them for?
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Some pow sticks and lights/cash registers (don't require any energy really just the electronic cash drawer) for the ticket booth outside.

Comment

It may be crude but I would go with car batteries and a DC to AC inverter. I'm seeing inverters that start out at $35 and car batteries can actually be purchased reconditioned as low as $24. Then you have a charger somewhere where there is power and rotate out the car batteries. Or you could have the first ever solar powered haunted house!

You just make cords long enough to have things out of the way and tied of so they can't be tugged lose.

Chargers are maybe $18 to $30 so the whole one system is about $60 to $90 compared to $249.99 plus shipping and slobering. Car batteries can also be on the car that sits near the ticket booth and is used for fast get aways with all the ticket money. Really it should be a seperate one so you can actually start the car after so many hours. You do need a charger as a car alternator does not recover battery charge past a certain point. Marine batteries or deep cycle are best but they are expensive and batteries just sitting the rest of the year not being maintained will need to be replaced.

Chances are this $249 thing will have problems taking a charge prepping for the second year too. So every year you buy reconditioned/checked or even junk batteries that hold a charge.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Sorry for the delay,.. I forgot to check...
              but did tonight . we are using the "harbor freight" 750 watt ones to run our palm sanders on our hayride & also to power our "pow"/ "crackers".
              These ones have 2 outlets on them, so if you connected them to a car battery as stated above you could use 2 different props. There is also a smaller one that I think might work better for just 1 porp it's 400 watts, I think.
              Hope this helps.
              Slaughter
              Last edited by slaughtermail; 07-27-2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Greg that was my other thought but hate how heavy batteries are lol I'm not a lifting fan at this location lol.

And slaughter I can't find it, can you link to it?

Comment

There ya go Bobby, the Harbor Frieght God has spoken. Now get those muscles toned up!
                  sigpic

Comment

You could go with 12volt motorcycle batteries. The actual length of time wouldn't be that great I don't think. If it is something that doesn't take lots of amps. Or riding lawn mower batteries. You could use all leg strength to carry them in a Hello Kitty back pack!
                    sigpic

Comment

Or you could hack a wheel chair or special needs bicycle because it is starting to sound like you have special needs! Any rechargeable device and a power supply tranformer from one voltage to another and you have cheaply come up with a portable battery that in most cases was intended to be portable yet might not last so long so it becomes having large quantities of things over one thing that actually weighs something but might last all night.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have no clue why I couldn't find that bugger!

Thank you Allen!

And since Greg's post I managed to get a decent car battery for the outside ticket booth as well as the smaller batteries for pow sticks. Btw, how often do you find yourself changing the batteries on the pow sticks? I ordered the same ones fright props uses

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
                          Marine batteries or deep cycle are best but they are expensive and batteries just sitting the rest of the year not being maintained will need to be replaced.
                          JB used a deep cycle marine battery, plus recharger, as backup power for his security system, iirc. Is that still viable?

C.

Comment

Yep. Pretty much any chain style auto parts store.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X