No announcement yet.

mobile AC power packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep in mind it takes some time to "recharge" a deep cycle battery because you have to slow charge it...like 24 hours so you might want to buy 2 &swap them back & forth..depending how long & many night s you'll be open in a row... just a thought.
    Slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by slaughtermail View Post
      keep in mind it takes some time to "recharge" a deep cycle battery because you have to slow charge it...like 24 hours so you might want to buy 2 &swap them back & forth..depending how long & many night s you'll be open in a row... just a thought.
      Slaughter.
      Well, the way JB has it set up, it's an emergency backup power supply, and is configured into the whole system, and is meant never to be used except in the rare case of an emergency, so the charger and battery assembly should be fully operational within 24 hours of the system coming online, and then you should be good for the whole season.

And if it never comes into play? All the better.

marine battery and charger in jb's set-up.png

C.

Comment

Excellent information!! Kudos to all!
        Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
          Well, the way JB has it set up, it's an emergency backup power supply, and is configured into the whole system, and is meant never to be used except in the rare case of an emergency, so the charger and battery assembly should be fully operational within 24 hours of the system coming online, and then you should be good for the whole season.

And if it never comes into play? All the better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13348[/ATTACH]

C.
          ok. I did not realize they would have a 110 power supply at all. We run a very similar as what you have in the diagram to run all our 24 volt lights, controllers, & animations. It has done well for us in the past, the only problem we had was one time the charger got turned accidentally to to the "high" setting, and that's a big no-no with deep cycle batteries.

Comment

Where is all the creative alternative energy? I want to see a giant skull on the roof covered in solar panels charging lithium batteries. For extra power it sticks it's tongue out. Or go to an old timey mechanical haunted cash register, lighting done with mirrors lasers and quarts concentrators. Or the whole haunt run by a tesla tower with only pick up coils needed on everything. All you have to do is drill down to bed rock for the ground feed, convert to positive ground wiring and burn some shit up for the few days it takes to harness it back. How about the whole thing is based off of a pyramid, same thing as a tesla tower. Go totally steam punk or ancient or future. Why live in the present? Or run the whole thing on hydrogen? Yeah I know trintium pellets to store regenerative hydrogen are regulated highly by the nuclear regulatory commission but what the hell? We need to have some fun.

I remember as a kid going to some colonial town where everything was like it was in the 1700s the black smith shop, horse shoeing, farming, making potery, making clothes, trading for food, fire places in the homes that were made out of local materials. At the restaurant and gift shop they even had old ladies serving you but, my dad bitched at how that brand new IBM cash register that seemed maybe the most important thing in the several acres. Everything esle was hand made or old crap.

Where is the spectacle, the coolness? Or the subtelty or class? Let's start taking shit to the next level! This is also a reminder of how people were going to museums and towns and art galleries, circuses and shows way before there was an internet.
            Last edited by Greg Chrise; 07-29-2012, 07:01 PM.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Working...
            X