HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Latex Aligator and Water???

1. Default Latex Aligator and Water??? 
    I would really like to do this and have seen others do it before. Is there a clear sealant or flexible clear coat to put on them. Also if there is the smallest of leak the foam will absorb the water and weigh a ton. It will also crumble to nothing very soon....

Any thoughts.....

Thanks
    Stew
    Last edited by Darksidestew; 07-31-2012 at 03:39 PM.

2. Default  
    Stew,
    Are these questions? Are you asking questions you want answers to or are you just waxing poetic about alligators? Latex will break down in water- could take one season could take 8-10. Depends on the quality of the latex. No sealant will keep water out if it is immersed.
    You could get a fiberglass alligator that has fewer issues.
    http://lifesizestatue.com/animals-st...ues-c-5_7.html

3. Default  
    Yes Allen, sorry if I wasnt clear. I see distotions gator thats latex in water. Frightprops has those giant octopus tenticals. I just wanted to know how are they doing it without the foam absorbing the water or how to water proof it.

The other thing I noticed by testing is it floats.....

Thank you,
    Stew
    Last edited by Darksidestew; 08-01-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Thread Information