No announcement yet.

Decimation Scream Park Build Progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get excited when I see wide open spaces and a pile of lumber and plywood.

Comment

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the words of encouragement! It's been a LOT of work and I haven't been able to find the time to upload pics so I downloaded tapatalk, much easier! Lol.

Here's the progress we made as of yesterday, we should have all of the framing done today.

Larry- we bought a haunt from Colorado, our frames and panels are already built, but most of the panels were removed or blank (the cost of starting out on a budget) do we're doing just about everything again so it's taking us a while, not to mention balancing full time college stuff, with a full time job, a DJ business to run and this, so I've been all over lol there isn't enough time on my hands to breathe anymore haha.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344605459.648028.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344605484.501165.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344605569.161779.jpg

And a little art project I'm doing to place atop the ticket booth...
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344605614.181203.jpg
      (I don't like the teeth, thoughts?)

Start of corpsing the skull:
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344605693.608156.jpg

The skull is made of a soft foam and glued together, it's close to 4' tall, when I'm done it'll be really neat and gross.

Comment

Try just cutting the points off the teeth first and see if you like it then. Then just make more, bunches and put them close, touching each other and go from there.

I think cutting the points off alone will make a big difference.

Comment

Frickin a! So.....completely flooded. Nice huh?

Comment

Bobby, I've seen your posts dating back years in the archives; they have been very helpful to me. Im excited to see you making this happen, and that space is awesome! Good for you man can't wait to see the finished product!!!

Comment

Well thanks Scotty I really appreciate it!

I have good news and bad news,

Good news is we have all the framing done and can start working on detail work today

Bad news is our trailer was stolen this morning or last night....luckily it was empty but sadly it was worth a few grand and we lost it all Between the flooding and this I am just so stressed! How much bad stuff can happen to us??

Comment

Bobby, I'm right there with ya man! It sucks, I know. We were robbed as well, except I had to put out a $1,000 that set us back so much I'm having doubts.

SOrry to hear about the trailer. I hope you're able to complete the season and are successful enough to replace it and do well.

Dewayne

Comment

Thanks DeWayne,

I'll have progress pics tonight to show everyone.

And I hope so, I'm just doubting so much, we have had so many setbacks it just isn't funny. Just a kick in the balls after kick in the balls....totally lame, but I'm working on a few neat things

Comment

Keep in mind you guys are great inspiration to people like me who are in the researching and planning and haven't DONE anything yet. Your perseverance is something I look up to greatly; and im sure there are dozens of lurkers like me on here. In years you will get to watch us noobs go through the same bs lol. Im proud to see the work you've done so far, and I hope you're proud of yourselves!

Bobby that sucks I can't believe it about your trailer; people are unbelievable...

Comment

Keep at it -

Bobby -

Sorry to hear about all the little setbacks - Stick with it, we have all had major set backs on the road to doing what we love. About 10 years ago we finally made the switch over from plastic walls to plywood walls, we were told this was fine by the fire department - 4 weeks before opening we got a new fire marshall that came in and told us we could not use the plywood - this was after we had painted 80% of it, making us unable to take it back to home depot. He informed us we could only use drywall....so that year I literally went $5,000 in the hole which caused a cascade of problems. I was literally broken at that point and had to seriously question why I go through killing myself every year doing this and had decided I was not going to do a haunt the next year.....well around June of the following year I just couldn't stick with that decision, I LOVE what I do.....and I do it because it's who I am

So if you love what you do...stick with it because there is nothing like stepping back when it's done and looking at your creation knowing you brought this idea to life!!!! If your doing it for the hopes of becoming rich.....well good luck to you, but don't count on it.

Comment

Hey guys, first off let me apologize for taking so long to reply, I wish I Had more time in the day! Lol

I finished getting all the framing done and have just about all but 25 panels on the walls, detail has started in rooms that are completed and within the next week or so the laser tag and ticket booth should be up, I will post those pics as they are done.

Real detail and real noticeable progress (aka the cool stuff!) should be started in the next two weeks or so, hopefully sooner. I can't wait to show you those pics!!

Here's a few shots from above for you to check out! Let me know what you think! The first two pics are from an actor cage that is above the maze itself so actors can taunt patrons from above with all sorts of shenanigans, the rest are from the front. That big door leaning against the walls in the last pics will be used to lock groups into a room with seemingly no escape to be given the rules, and gassed down in order to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345519751.683151.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345519785.965613.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345519802.812597.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345519813.675205.jpg
                        ^ the door from that pic is what I was referring too. It's over 300lbs and a very old and creepy looking metal, brown on one side and a washed white on the other. It's gonna really mess with some people!!

Comment

PS- I turn 20 in 28 minutes!!! hehehe goodbyeeeeee teenage years! Lol

Comment

Great news!!!

GREAT NEWS!

Okay, so I have amazing news I want to share with everyone!

1) Sorry for not being on here as much as I'd like to be. I LOVE this forum but I also LOVE doing work and boy has the work really piled up!

2) So here's the deal, our landlord did illegal work (removing bricks) from a load-baring wall on our building, we were told it was legal and he had the permits. But, he did not. The building inspector was inspecting our neighbors space, and saw what our landlord was doing and FLIPPED out. Putting an immediate STOP WORK order in effect and essentially condemning his own building, luckily, I spoke to the head of our building department directly and explained our side and we both realized that neither of us were to be mad at each other, but more or less be pretty upset with our landlord. Working with the building department, we came to a great compromise for the both of us. HOWEVER, that still wouldn't be enough time for us to open on time at THAT location.

3) After posting the scream park for sale on multiple websites and looking for a possible exit strategy. A local F.E.C (family entertainment center), approached us, and told us how he's been working on putting a haunt together but just hasn't been able to design it himself and wanted someone with experience. So we talked things out and came up with an agreement, he's going to buy us and pay for the move and construction on the haunt. We will manage it and provide our volunteers as long as he agrees to keep our donation agreement with the american cancer society, he said ok, and so....we open on October 4! (It was the fastest we could do to schedule the inspections after getting the approvals a few weeks ago lol). Construction started today, we have a crew of actual legitimate construction workers working around the clock to get all the walls up by Thursday, with Friday morning as a backup day for any remaining construction tasks. We added an extra 1200sqft on to the attraction and are re-detailing and adding more detail to each panel as they're being put up, so as the tough guys were putting walls up me and my crew were right on their tail painting and adding LOTS of gore, rot and mildew. On Friday all painting should be done as well as all detail on the actual panels. And by 5pm I should have props going up and putting animatronics in their proper places. By Monday all lighting should be done. So Tuesday and Wednesday we can have our final inspections and on Thursday we open up to the general public! (Atleast that's the hope! haha).

4) I'll post as many pics as I can!! I am really sad to have had to sell the attractions, but we got caught in the middle of a bad situation. On the flip side, I am ecstatic that I still get to design, manage, and care for something I really put all my heart into. I know a lot of you were disappointed in me when I posted the attractions for sale, but this is still a business, and I can't continue to do something that loses money. I mean hell, until we open, I don't have enough money for a tank a gas in my PRIUS. I am driving like a total old person until we open next Thursday so that I don't run out of gas, I literally have EVERYTHING invested in this. But this is what I live for, and I'm confident in my skills as a haunter and as a businessman to go through with the risks and come out without filing for bankruptcy lol.

5) You guys are going to LOVE the wall panels! I am SO proud of them! There's honestly so much going into each one that it's just unbelievable, I almost feel like I'm in a real professional haunt that has a crew like Larry's working on it! haha. I am really proud of these walls and can't wait to show you them!

6) Check out our radio spot!! http://soundcloud.com/ashley_onair/d...-haunted-house

Comment

I wish you tremendous success!!

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Here's some actor pics from our latest photo shoot! They're feeler pics that haven't been released yet lol, I'll be putting them on facebook one per day till Friday! (My photo editing skills are WRETCHED, the raw photo's are great but are apparently WAY too big to upload on here lol so you get to see the pics all ruined by cheesy text! lol)

FRIDAY NIGHT RELEASE.jpg

Thursday Release.jpg

WEDNESDAY RELEASE.jpg
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X