No announcement yet.

Decimation Scream Park Build Progress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decimation Scream Park Build Progress!

Hi Everyone!

So for the few years I've been on these threads, I've always gawked at the build progress threads and couldn't wait to post my own, and now, I finally can!

We are Decimation Scream Park, we will be year round and entirely indoors. We have a professional laser tag arena, a full blown arcade and ofcourse, a haunted house!

This year's haunted house is "Gaslight Sanatorium" an all hospital themed gore-fest. It will be beyond intense, and our goal is to do all original scenes. We do not want to be able to be compared to any other haunted house in our area, we really want to stand out and be a good addition to the haunt community in our area as well as a positive contribution to the immediate community, which could really use some help lol.

Without further adieu, enjoy some pics! (We just started moving in today so there isn't anything too too exciting but it's a start!)

photo (5).JPG
    As you can see, we prefer old fashion security, alligators, to protect our valuable tv collection haha.

archway.JPG
    This is the first thing we actually put together just to say we built something today!

space empty.JPG
    The space we have this year, we'll be expanding next year at the same location...hopefully lol.

prop pile.JPG
    Start of the prop pile, I'd say this is about half of the props and a couple small wall panels, we've yet to start collecting furniture yet...but we'll do that as we get much closer.

outside of building.JPG
    Here's the outside of the building, we're visible from a major highway and have a separate entrance from the rest of the "mall" (the owners of the building are converting this warehouse into a mini-mall)....but there's all of 8 tenants at the moment.

One more silly pic, found this in the prop pile and couldn't resist the urge to be inappropriate on camera....lol.

extreme crabs.JPG

This new phenomenon was given the title "extreme crabs".....*shudder*

Comment

Hooray for building!!

I always love watching others build, so thanks so much for deciding to share! Your plans sound great, it should be fun to watch it come together.
      *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Cool! Busy days ahead for you guys.

DA

Comment

Thanks! And it will definitely be busy! We have an actor meeting wednesday and saturday on location, so we should get a bunch accomplished on those days. We need to bring the rest of the wall panels in and chalk out the layout, so that will be fun. Hopefully by Sunday some walls will go up.

Comment

How exciting! I look forward to seeing your progress.

Something you might consider is using Google SketchUp to map out your walls before construction time comes around. That way you'll have an exact 3D plan/rendering of your space to address any layout or throughput problems you may have. It's a whole lot easier to click undo vs moving/removing walls! It also helps explain to your workers what the end result should look like. I've used it in the past with fantastic results!

Just something to think about! Good luck and congrats!

Zach Wiechmann
            www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Thanks, yeah one of my good friends is a designer and uses google sketchup all the time, and created a very well put together layout, and we're using it not just for our plans but it must be submitted to our building inspector and fire marshal, they typically only allow plans from actual architects but they haven't complained about this one yet.

Comment

Love watching the progress of other builds. Looks like a great building cant wait to see what you do with it!
                http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Getting there!

We broke ground the other day, we have an un-even spot from an old door hinge that is throwing off the left side in the second pic, we'll be chipping that away to try and level it out but it hasn't compromised the integrity of the structure, it just looks weird, and this was all of maybe 45mins worth of work, we'll be doing a LOT tomorrow. So I'll post better pics then.

wall.JPG

walls.JPG

Comment

Man I'm excited for you! Keep the pics coming. That place looks creepy in one of the last pics, with only the work light on, yeah, that should be rockin.

I don't know / can't see the problem you spoke of, but I know on my uneven ground, I just put the panels up and if I had to, used a 1x or something to shim it up. Once the walls were up, they got very stable quickly. I've not ran, but walked fast and jumped up on the same panels... barely wobbled. And of course, I'm ok with it because it's not an impact wall, if someone hits those walls, they're where they shouldn't be! Or maybe the patrons scared my actors? Then I GOT serious problems lol.

going to bed, and I BETTER have more pics by morning! j/p! :P

Keep it up!

Dewayne

Comment

It looks like you are building this thing as you go... its a lot easier, faster and better to build wall panels in a jig which you can make out of wood. Then lastly just screw them together... that is how we use to build our maze just like that 25 years ago. Keep the pics coming its fun to watch people build their dreams ... its fun to be a part of it. I would just try to move the wall building process along by building a jig then putting all your wall panels together then setting them up.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Wow, what an excellent space! Best of luck to you!
                        Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Keep up the great work...

Doing a great job...wouldn't sweat the uneven floor....your a haunt! Our shit supposed to be crooked! lol Keep @ it!

P.
                          Jim Pashley
                          The FEAR FACTORY
                          www.thefearfactorynj.com
                          855-NJ HAUNT
                          sigpic
                          "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

Looking Good!

Comment

Looking Good!

It's great to see pics - I know how excited you have been to start!! Good luck this season - and don't worry about things being crooked.....we joke every year that if our haunt ever comes out perfectly aligned it's time to quit - We have a term we always use "Is it straight?...Well it's haunt straight..Good enough!"

Comment

Working...
                              X