HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: mobile AC power packs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default mobile AC power packs 
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a source for mobile AC power packs?? just like was frightprops sells? I can't pay the frightprops price, I LOVE frightprops don't get me wrong and they were very good to us last year but I can't see the cost in their setup, do any of you guys out there know where I could find another similar mobile power unit or pieces to make one? I imagine a decent battery, but don't know how to create the proper outputs safely.

2. Default  
    Harbor Freight has the exact same ones that fright props uses in their little "fanny packs", I don't have the model number on me but can post it later , after I go out to the haunt get it.
    Slaughter

3. Default  
    Ever make it to your haunt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated from anyone who's read this

4. Default  
    What are you using them for?

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

5. Default  
    Some pow sticks and lights/cash registers (don't require any energy really just the electronic cash drawer) for the ticket booth outside.

6. Default  
    It may be crude but I would go with car batteries and a DC to AC inverter. I'm seeing inverters that start out at $35 and car batteries can actually be purchased reconditioned as low as $24. Then you have a charger somewhere where there is power and rotate out the car batteries. Or you could have the first ever solar powered haunted house!

You just make cords long enough to have things out of the way and tied of so they can't be tugged lose.

Chargers are maybe $18 to $30 so the whole one system is about $60 to $90 compared to $249.99 plus shipping and slobering. Car batteries can also be on the car that sits near the ticket booth and is used for fast get aways with all the ticket money. Really it should be a seperate one so you can actually start the car after so many hours. You do need a charger as a car alternator does not recover battery charge past a certain point. Marine batteries or deep cycle are best but they are expensive and batteries just sitting the rest of the year not being maintained will need to be replaced.

Chances are this $249 thing will have problems taking a charge prepping for the second year too. So every year you buy reconditioned/checked or even junk batteries that hold a charge.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

7. Default  
    Sorry for the delay,.. I forgot to check...
    but did tonight . we are using the "harbor freight" 750 watt ones to run our palm sanders on our hayride & also to power our "pow"/ "crackers".
    These ones have 2 outlets on them, so if you connected them to a car battery as stated above you could use 2 different props. There is also a smaller one that I think might work better for just 1 porp it's 400 watts, I think.
    Hope this helps.
    Slaughter
    Last edited by slaughtermail; 07-27-2012 at 07:09 PM.

8. Default  
    Greg that was my other thought but hate how heavy batteries are lol I'm not a lifting fan at this location lol.

And slaughter I can't find it, can you link to it?

9. Default  

10. Default  
    There ya go Bobby, the Harbor Frieght God has spoken. Now get those muscles toned up!

Thread Information