So this would be differnt What do you all think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this would be differnt What do you all think

So I sit here pondering on what type of Haunt to build Next Year. This will be my first Haunt. I asked my self "SELF" What can I do to be different from all of these Hayrides,Haunted Mansions,Asylums Ect Ect.. Then as I was driving the other day looking for Land to put a haunt on. I pass by this Grocery Store that is all boarded up. I was like HEY!! What if I rented out a empty Grocery Store and I make a Haunted Grocery Store. Now I have not seen anything like that before. Have you?

I can see it now Zombies Pushing Shopping carts. Meat Dept with Body's and Pigs Hanging with the smell of Dead Flesh People have to push the Dead meat in order to get out and a butcher comes out of no where with Chainsaw. Frozen Body Section. Rows of freezers with Dead frozen People. Live person in one part of the freezer. Bakery Can have like the Ovens Bouncing and Going crazy.. Have a loading Dock kind of dark and have the Truck lights and horn go off at some point in there..

Just a few idea. So what do u all think? I think it is a great neat Idea..

Dennis

it would diffently be different and could be fun... Draw our your idea on paper and look at it from that standpoint and then see if its a possibility

Sean
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

The maze walls could be the aisles lined with can goods and boxes of food. You could make pop out places on the shelfs so actors could jump out and the last set could be a dead cashier at the check out. "Thanks for shopping at Zombies GROSSery Where everything is fowl and severing you is a pleasure". A haunted grocery store sounds cool and the things that could be done.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I think it would be cool that once in a while a voice comes over the intercome. Todays Specials are fresh Brains plz make your way to the meat dept for them.. LOL

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. I think that any of the old coolers and shelves were tost when the store closed. So you will have to make your own, or ask another store that is open to dumpster dive for old shleves and what not that are being replaced by new one's.

Brian

Comment

I think it is a great idea! Personally I feel that an attraction that sticks somewhat close to the original purpose of the building makes it easier to put customers in the mood. You could make a backstory about the grocery store and then have some custom news clippings printed. If you do it right I know you would have people believing the story and create your own urban legand.

Comment

35 years ago I worked in such a grocery store, similar in many ways.
              I would laugh so much during the day that at closing time I would almost always be going home with a gut-ache!
              The store had two aisles, "Down" and "Back".
              Every woman in that small village was terrified of the boss's son(for no real reason), ok, he was sort of strange looking, no neck, bulky guy with a perminent blank stare. He vanished from a local movie theater for a month, he told his friends he was going to use the restroom , hopped a frieght train and went to California! The store's sales went up and up because he was gone! Then went back down after he returned.
              Imagine this guy with a bloody boning knife in one hand , wearing a blood-soaked apron, looking down into the frightened eyes of this elderly woman register clerk(Olive) saying, slowly and meanacingly,"Olive, someday I'm just gunna cut you up and put you in the meatcase!"
              Olive slowly moved away from him, never taking her eyes from him, then ran back to complain to his Father (the owner) who eventually merely said, "Don't worry Olive,... you wouldn't sell!"
              The Boss's son also had a unique one-of-a-kind talent with the store's PA system, treating eldely patrons to sounds just at the edge of their hearing of mysterious noises that gradually built in frequency and intensity until after ten minutes it became a very loud, full-blown world-champion unstoppable maniacal laugh!

I once looked long and hard at creating a Haunted Truck Stop Garage/Restaurant combination featuring monsters in the restrooms, crushed mechanics under the fallen hoist, menus from Hell, the rudest waitresses imaginable and a used car lot out front of incredibly strange machinery that could never be driven anyplace except in a really bad, fevered dream.(But they would be stimulating to see and think about!)
              For only $180,000 it could have been mine, right next to interstate 10 and 30,000 cars passing by each day!
              Of course like most of us I was just a little bit short of funds, about $175.000.
              The old gas pumps would have been a good location for those big Texas fire-barrel effects! (Lance Pope's)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

i like anything original,your idea sounds good to me.

Comment

Actually, I love the idea. I wish I had thought of it. I really think that it has a lot of potential. Perhaps a few logistical problems, but nothing insurmountable. You will have to let us know if you decide to run with this.

Dave
                  Lords of Chaos, LLC
                  House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Make sure to add some product detail. Check out 'Kilmore General Store' pics on page two and three for examples.
                    http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/Namnori/SoS06/
                    http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

Very nice Ironman. I, too, was thinking that product spoof could play a major role.

Dave
                      Lords of Chaos, LLC
                      House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

How do you decorate your haunt when you have no money at all?
                        I climbed down over the city dump right behind my house and brought up old bottles that I made goofy product labels for, some customers would notice them, some wouldn't. I would make some of them the presentation to highlight them. I matched paint to the real labels and glued pictures on some bottles, like on Bushe's Baked Beans, the picture of G. Bush#1 and Dukakis on the can.
                        "Raven's Grin Skid-mark Remover & Underware Paint"
                        Then I was given a bottle of an actual product:"Wet Fart Hot Sauce".
                        (Could be worse, "Hot Fart Wet Sauce!"
                        Need customers to go slower through your maze? Turn the lights up and write funny sayings all over the walls.
                        They get mentally involved in the humor , then you can scare them!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

:lol:
                          I love these kinds of ideas!

I found an old, abondoned motel here that is much creepier than anything that a set-builder could put together. It creates it's own story and can be much more fun than some formula.

Not only is it memorable, it is cheaper and guaruntees something different from what anyone else is doing.

I say GO FOR IT!!

Comment

If the roof has been leaking the floors might be rotted, check this possibility first.
                            Are you going to call it "The Hotel California?"
                            "Many check in, but nobody checks out?"
                            If those walls could talk...you wouldn't need to do anything but have your patrons listen!!!
                            "Madge, I want your body!"
                            "No Harry,no!"--Frank Zappa
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                            X