I work very hard to answer the question as it was asked, unless it completely makes no sense.
"If you use a release agent, the molds and the pieces pulled from those molds will be a better quality and last longer, that is why they make it. "
Untrue. Most companies make products in order to make money, in many cases a drastically cheaper mold release is already available but they lead people to believe that mold releases are proprietary and you need to use their product. Some things needs a release agent, the question was for a latex mask from a plaster mold and the answer in that case is no.
"Does your piece have a white dust on the surface when you pull it? "
Mine do not, as the latex cures it pulls itself away from the mold so there is little contact with the molds surface by the time I pull it. The pull away is a result of the latex shrinking as it dries.
"Slush latex it more forgiving. It is great for first timers."
I actually think a 50/50 silicone mold with resin pours are easier for first timers- less time for making the mold and they can get the concept of pull with a flexible mold material. It helps them understand how undercuts could be a problem if the mold were not flexible. Gel-10 as the mold makes an easy mix and easy pours and release.
Slush Latex is fairly forgiving, but this is not a first timer issue, it is a need issue. If you need a latex mask, then a plaster mold is the way to go. I always recommend a dwell time as opposed to a slush cast because of the even thickness you will achieve.
"Try your technique in ANY with any other medium and your pieces will not look as good as the sculpture, if you can get them out."
I have silicone molds that I have had hundreds of pulls from with no release those were all resin pulls. There is of course a time and a place for mold release but this time, this question the answer is no. The answer is really no when you consider the second part of the question which was available at Walmart.
"Also your molds life will be GREATLY decreased. Who wants to re-sculpt?"
there are no absolutes in anything- as soon as you speak in absolutes you become slightly wrong. You can decrease the life of your mold, but in some cases it is fine to use no release. The wrong advice on release and the mold is ruined so with no release there is no risk. Example- plaster mold wanting a latex pull. If someone uses johnsons paste wax as a release then the mold will not pull a latex mask effectively because the wick-ing action is slowed/stopped. Dish soap could do the same thing to your mold- So to advise no release mitigates the risk.
Once you are working with silicones many materials will inhibit the cure of platinum silicone, so even release agents need care.
"I rather pull a thousand pieces from one mold then one piece from a thousands molds."
On this we agree.