Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Fog Chiller Question

Howdy,

On browsing the fog chiller posts on here and other websites I feel like the topic of fog chilling has been beaten to death so I feel like I'm being an idiot for posting yet another. But there's a topic I really need help on that is stressing me a little to think about because I can't test it myself now. I've never used fog machines before so I have no experience to fall back on.

Fog chilling outdoors in October:

I understand the concept: fog comes out hot, you chill it to below the outside temp, and the fog goes down. My question is can you chill to any good effect outdoors in October at night? I'm in Georgia and it looks like the night temperature is around 60 degrees in October. Will fog chilling with ice help enough that it's worth it? And my biggest fear is the fog just shoots straight up into the trees and won't stay down no matter what I do. I know the wind is a big factor but my trail is heavily wooded and so far I haven't noticed a lot of wind current... which I could have really used on those hot July afternoons clearing the trail.

Anyone wanna share their experiences? I hope this isn't one of those industry secrets no one wants to share because I need some insight.

Thank you for your time,
    MrFoos

They will work fine, the ice will chill it below 50degrees. I'm in Michigan and we don't have any big problems. I use a hurricane 1300, one of the large cooler from SAMs Club and a blower from Harbor Freight ( AKA Hopps home away from home). I have a spare old deep freezer and I freeze gal milk jugs in it and then just place them in the cooler. I use PVC pipe from the fog machine to a hole in the cooler and the 1300 CFM bower with hose out the other side. I use a prop timer to trigger. The effect I get is like a pro stage unit at a concert. If you are looking for lower volume maybe go without the blower. The hurricane will do almost continuous fog so that works well for me. One note to you is it does not take much air movement to disapate the fog so if you can place in a low area it will stay around longer. I use mine on top of a hill and have it flow down, but it keeps going untill it hits my pond and it will hover there for a short time. If there is any breeze It does not make it to the pond. This does not bother me because the pond effect was just a added bonus to me anyway. Good luck and try a few things first.

Phatt Man
    Phatman

Comment

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'd love to test it out and I am... but my concern was with the outside temperature which obviously I can't control until it's closer to game time. If it works in Michigan than it's gotta work in Georgia. That does make me feel a lot better.

BTW, I have a similar scene where it's going to roll down a hill into a sunken area so the fog should get trapped.

Comment

Working...
      X