Possible Ceiling Illusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Ceiling Illusion

I had an idea after reading about someone wanting to have an actor on the ceiling. I'm not sure if anyone has ever attempted something like this but I thought it might just be do-able. Take a look at the drawing I put together to illustrate how my idea might be implemented and let me know if yall think this could work.

Ceiling Illusion.jpg
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

It will work, we did a similar illusion one year. Our guest walked on a 2x6 laying on the floor with 4x8 ft mirrors on each side of it,we put a static dummy in the rafters of the building around 15 ft up with a strobe light on him,then we used pallets to build the sides up to the dummys location to make a "shaft". the refection looked as though you were crossing a Deep cavern with only a 2x6 to walk on, very scary to some people & highly recommended.
    Slaughter.

Comment

I figured it would work, just have to get the correct angle on the mirrors. Could save a lot of energy laying down instead of hanging, and no risk of cutting of circulation. Wish I had room to put this together. If anyone else has ever done this or something simular, I'dlike to see some pictures.
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Maybe You Would Also Need..

A thick piece of plexiglass to stop any mirror breaking from landing on the customers below all of this?
        Or get a plexiglass mirror? They would be much lighter.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
          A thick piece of plexiglass to stop any mirror breaking from landing on the customers below all of this?
          Or get a plexiglass mirror? They would be much lighter.
          Maybe Mylar, perhaps?

C.

Comment

Mylar is big no no! It was attempted last year and it just wrinkles too easily. Any ripple destroys the illusion, you really need mirrored acrylic to get the best effect. We're installing one this year.

Comment

You almost have to always use a plexiglass mirror. If you use a real mirror, or real glass, you are just asking for problems.
              Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
              sean@pixelpushersinc.com
              312.613.7326 Mobile
              847.550.6560 X 102 Office
              844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

And don't forget...

A regular mirror may break when a really ugly girl looks into it, who then turns out to actually be a guy!
                Expression-proof mirrors!?? hahahah!
                I must have one in my bathroom.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X