No announcement yet.

NETHERWORLD Haunted House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting some photos in our underwater city the other day...
    Here is our modified Impailer...

King Dagon.jpgOld Dagon.jpg
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Mermaid!

Thought you would enjoy seeing our Mermaid who shared the room with the Impailer.

Photo by Todd Ferren

Mermaid Closeup.jpeg
      Ben Armstrong
      www.Fearworld.com

Comment

That impaler looks fantastic! I love how you breathed new life into it, it looks absolutely phenomenal!!
        *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Love the videos!!! Great job! That looks like a haunted house in and of itself outside! WOW!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Our Lizard Man...

Lizard Man.jpg
            Ben Armstrong
            www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Church and Mansion Facades NETHERWORLD Banshee 2012 -

Church and Mansion Facades.jpg

Photo Todd Ferren -
              Ben Armstrong
              www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Ben ?

Just wondering if you have a touch or no touch policy? Or is everything in the parking lot off limits compaired to being in the actual haunted house. Wasnt sure I seen quite a few actors touching and getting close to the patrons in line. Wasnt sure how you work that. Great videos btw!
                Damon
                www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                Damon Carson

Comment

.....and.... would this work?

As far as "Touch"-no Touch ("Touch me and be prepared to die!?)
                  How about a semi-robotic hand on the end of a "Stick" that does the "Touching?" How would this "count" in court?
                  "The Puppet did it!!"
                  "When we hired him our form asks "Are you an evil puppet?" and he checked the box that said "NO"!"
                  "Mental-Case Dismissed!"
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Of course We All Know..

Damon just goes to haunts to get touched .! hahahaha! Super-cheap Massage!

Then many eons ago in the J.C. Haunt,a girl, maybe 14 came around a corner, thrust her chest (what there was of one) into our faces and quickly said:"Don't touch ME! I have been through this haunt four times now .. and everytime, someone touches my boobs!"
                    (So pull yourself out of our faces, stand back up straight, inhale and explain why , just WHY, you have been through here four times, were touched each time, and you are here again, if this is true and if you didn't sort of like what was happening? )
                    No body was touching her I am 100% positive of this since we were operating with four people who all could see and hear everything that was happening to our very few customers straggling through. I didn't recognize her as someone who had been through before and ,of course I was there from open to passed closing every night.... her little girl fantasy?
                    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 02-06-2013, 12:19 PM.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• I believe....

that haunts that touch is a gimmick! Personally I dont think you have to touch someone to startle or scare anyone. I know I dont. And with the sue happy public I dont personally think its wise to touch people to scare. My opinion and personal beliefs has nothing to do w Ben or Netherworld. I imagine they are a non touch haunted house. Just thought it was strange when I saw all the actors touching people waiting in line? Maybe they have changed over the years. I know of a haunt in Columbia Mo who was using the touch policy for a few years and personally i believe it was a gimmick to claim it was scarier. Now in the last year they have reverted from touching not sure the whole story on that. But it could be for legal reasons? I admire Ben and Billy and there knowledge of haunting. Just wanted to know his insite on the matter.
                      Thanks
                      Damon
                      www.frightmasters.weebly
                      P.S Jim I havent been touched since I was in your haunt last! c; lol! Nah! It was a Jaycees haunted house when i was younger. back then that was the scary thing!
                      Damon Carson

Comment

• Hummm...

In the Haunt actors do not "touch or grab" you. But our show is aggressive and they do get close. Some animations, moving walls, props and puppets will touch you. Props actors have may contact you.

In the Lot one of the most common things is actors posing for photos with patrons. This often causes contact to begin... An example - If I was acting in the lot and I had a a chain I might drape it around a guests neck for the photo. Once the photo is taken I am standing there with a chain wrapped around someones neck... Interesting situation!

Sometimes long fingers or costuming might be used to lightly brush guests - The trick is knowing what is acceptable and what is appropriate. Hard to read guests inside the haunt, easier to work with them in the lot.

We do not make touching people an active element or something to market with, but contact of some sort can occur usually only outside, usually only with experienced actors and within certain guidelines.

Long ago our signs read "Don't Touch the Actors and they won't touch you." Now for many years they have read "Don't Touch the Actors".

Short answer to a complex question - but since I have a giant puppet hand inside that tries to grab you - I guess you might be touched... but 18 year old kids grabbing you in the dark? Nope.
                        Ben Armstrong
                        www.Fearworld.com

Comment

• I just got some of these photos from Todd Ferren who shot our show a few weeks ago.

I will post a bunch and then stop for a while... just wanted to share some of last seasons stuff while it was still fresh!

Netherworld-by Todd Ferren_340rtlogo.jpgNetherworld-byTodd Ferren_116rtlogo.jpgMirror Maze.jpg
                          Ben Armstrong
                          www.Fearworld.com

Comment

• Mermaid.jpgNetherworld-byTodd Ferren_153rtlogo.jpgNetherworld-byTodd Ferren_163rtlogo.jpg
                            Ben Armstrong
                            www.Fearworld.com

Comment

• From the pics..

From the pics its hard to tell but in the mirror room I guess it is. Do you have an endless hallway or is that made to be like a endless staircase? Also the one gear or space looking walls is that just like a hallway or is it a vortex? Just wondering? I would love to come to your haunt someday. Just never been able to do it just yet! You all are truely inovaters in the industry! Never seem to not amaze me with what you do year to year! ok i blew these up and can tell better. It looks like an endless hallway and just a metal gear type hallway. Both look very cool and very original!
                              Damon
                              www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                              Last edited by damon carson; 02-07-2013, 07:15 PM.
                              Damon Carson

Comment

• The Arch Maze as we call it is a mirror type room, I think it looks like a staircase because of the fish eye... Here is another shot. The Gear room is a Scarefactory Hell Hall that moves around and collapses. swinging foam gears at you.

2010 Arch Maze.jpg
                                Ben Armstrong
                                www.Fearworld.com

Comment

Working...
                                X