Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need cheap bulk vines for a Green House set . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need cheap bulk vines for a Green House set . . .

I didn't see any listings on www.dollartree.com. Does anyone know where I can get some of these or if it is indeed available on www.dollartree.com, does anyone have a link?

And don't post saying "look around their floral section on their website". I did that. I need a specific link. (And I also did a search on "vines" as well. I only got back a listing for etched glass vases.)

C.

who needs a stinking dollar store???

What? I think those glass vases would add a nice touch to your vine scene! LMAO C, forget the dollar stores (tried 'em all too...no go) go to saveoncrafts.com and you'll find a wide variety of faux vines on there for between .99cents & 2.00 for six foot lengths. They also carry bark covered wire for around $6.00 for 70'!

OH, btw, TC they have 35' rolls of real dried grape vines on there for I think around $12.-$15. roll...your FM ought to have a field day with those!!! LMAO

Well I'm ordering a bunch soon....so you better hurry!

P.
    Jim Pashley
    The FEAR FACTORY
    www.thefearfactorynj.com
    855-NJ HAUNT
    sigpic
    "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

That site doesn't work save on crafts i think you meant save-on-crafts.com

Comment

Just a thought, but to save money and time for set up and tear down you could paint some of them. (only the distant ones though)

So basically put the made ones closest to your "victims" and paint the furthest ones on your walls or whatever you're using.

Just a thought....

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Haunter View Post
          Just a thought, but to save money and time for set up and tear down you could paint some of them. (only the distant ones though)

So basically put the made ones closest to your "victims" and paint the furthest ones on your walls or whatever you're using.

Just a thought....

Ryan
          That's a thought, or even a photo type thing under the "real" ones, so they wouldn't have to be layered on so thick.

I wonder if Allen still has a www.dollartree.com link to a bulk buy type of thing.

C.

Comment

Camo Netting

I forgot to mention one thing. One of my favorite set things to use is older de-militarized camo netting (you can usually find mass amounts at surplus stores).

Why do I love using them? Here are a few reasons:

1. You can't purchase that smell from anywhere!!! :mrgreen:
            2. They are flame retardent
            3. They make great folage and add the "I can sort of not really see through the holes" effect that makes people uneasy
            4. It's fast and easy to work with; zip ties and a few supports if needed and you're good to go
            5. You can make it as thin or as thick as you want with no messy clean up

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Haunter View Post
              I forgot to mention one thing. One of my favorite set things to use is older de-militarized camo netting (you can usually find mass amounts at surplus stores).

Why do I love using them? Here are a few reasons:

1. You can't purchase that smell from anywhere!!! :mrgreen:
              2. They are flame retardent
              3. They make great folage and add the "I can sort of not really see through the holes" effect that makes people uneasy
              4. It's fast and easy to work with; zip ties and a few supports if needed and you're good to go
              5. You can make it as thin or as thick as you want with no messy clean up

Ryan
              Now that is a good idea!! A few vines over it and we are off and running. Not to mention using a ghillie suit with it. That has some definite possibilities with it.

C.

Comment

Use leaves off a fake ficus tree. You can chop one up and get like a thousand leaves out of it. Around here only $5 from a local flea market.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Works View Post
                  Use leaves off a fake ficus tree. You can chop one up and get like a thousand leaves out of it. Around here only $5 from a local flea market.
                  Excellent!

C.

Comment

Update . . .

Making progress. Will keep you posted.

C.

Comment

Working...
                    X