Night Terrors NEA Build Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dewayne,

Hang in their brother it will get better there is always some idiot.Pics look great by the way hope to see more.

Comment

Dewayne, hang in their brother there's always some idiot.Pics look great by the way.Cant wait to see more.

Comment

Well guys, I guess I should tell you.. WE GOT IT! We got approved, meeting was over in 15 minutes! Good To go, but now we got to figure out if they're going to let us open on the 5th or not (the time thing being jacked up may not let us open till the 2nd weekend.

We got our tunnel started from building 2 to building 3. It'll be like a mine covered in webbing leading to the spider puppet. We'll get pics up asap, we're just pressing and not taking pics yet.

Thanks for the support and I'll continue to post pics as we go.

Dewayne

Comment

Sweet!!!

I've been following this thread since it got started, and it's great to hear that you're good to go! Congrats on sealing the deal Dewayne!!!
          *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Damn Neighbors!

Thats great news man. Gives me a little boost of confidence (maybe I can stop looking over my shoulder now). My wife's club went through a similar incident with a neighbor complaining about cars overflowing in his parking lot during their shows. Even had a towing company camp out and promptly start towing vehicles as soon as they went inside. I hate idiots like that (turns out his brother owns the beer distributor company my wide buys from ---- simple phone call about changing distributors, yada yada yada and the tow truck disappeared!).

Happy Haunting !
            Travis "Big T" Russell
            President
            Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Thanks Big T and King! Glad to have you guys' support!

We got our last legal sent to the paper today. TECHNICALLY we're not suppose to open for business till the second weekend. However, we were informed we can run the first weekend but not charge admission, for practice and such.

What we're going to do is open the first weekend, and take donations only for the fire dept. we're helping (volunteer) and the families we're going to be helping as well.

Dewayne

Comment

first weekend

invite the press out as well news papers radio tv

Comment

Dewayne,
                  Im glad to read things are getting better for you. I want o wish you a great and profitable season!
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks Allen. Hey, WEHRE'S MY CD FOO!? haha.

I worked on my foam a bit this morning, felt bad and laid down a bit. Getting back up with more hieroglyphic drawings to hit my temple area again. I'll take some pics as soon as something looks presentable. Building 2 is completely constructed and just detailing now.

Building 3 is 2 rooms from being constructed. We've decided to just put 4.5 rooms in there and use the rest for storage and such.

We got the magazine lady coming back out this weekend for more pics, so I need to get a few rooms detailed good enough for them.

Will post pics later.

Dewayne

Comment

Sprinkler System

I was curious; in the photos of the rooms I could not see any fire sprinklers or openings in your ceilings. Since these are metal garage like buildings without walls, does that allow you to open without the use of a fire sprinkler system? Let me know. I would love to have solid ceilings but since we have a sprinkler system we can't.

Thank You,
                      Robert Travis
                      Scenic Art Productions
                      ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM
                      https://www.facebook.com/scenicartproductions

Comment

NFPA Life Safety code requires sprinklers in buildings with a floor area of 1000 sq feet or more. I believe Frightner's buildings are smaller that 1000 sq feet. In some jurisdictions when using multiple buildings of this type they need to be located a certain minimum distance from each other (50 feet I believe) and cannot be connected by enclosed hallways otherwise they are looked upon by the Fire Marshall as one large building and in that case sprinklers are required.
                        Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 09-14-2012, 06:04 AM.
                        Kevin
                        MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Mindwerx is correct. We have 2 24x 40 buildings, they're less than 1,000 ft and we have a hallway that ends 6 feet from the next building (actually backwards, you exit building #2 and enter a hallway that's connected to building #3) but there's a large gap on both sides with a clear exit path. We've ran drills so far, patrons should be out of the building in less than 14 seconds. We've pounded up 12 people, blindfolded them in the middle and hit an alarm. They knew right away what was needed and was out in 13 seconds. One had a trip, but it's in a small turn and was almost no way for an injury to come from it.

We've thought, read, researched and watched every imaginable video on fire safety. We have fire proof plastic, we also have FP coating. We can't prevent a fire, but we can sure as heck be prepared for when it does happen. Yes, I meant to say "WHEN" I expect every worse case scenario. All of our layouts are simple, BECAUSE we have a tight budget with no sprinklers. There's no real maze, and no guessing on where to get out.

I know my ethics aren't in question, I just wanted to be clear that we are NOT going into this blindly! Especially with all the fires here lately in haunts, its like an epidemic or something. Terrible.

Anywho, yeah hope this all answered your question. Any more, please feel free to drop a line or msg me on here. I'll get to you asa I can.

Dewayne

Comment

Boiler 1.JPG

Thought I'd give a sneek peak of what I'm detailing for pictures today. We're doing a boiler room past our temple area and this is what I'm doing today. Still needs some more layers but I think it's looking good.

I wanted to take pictures and see how they turned out before I let the photographer into the room. You know how sometimes paint etc will look fine to us, then BAM the photo SUUUUUUUCKS! lol. Anyways, just making sure there wasn't going to be patchy spots in the pics.

Whatcya think? My first boiler... ya ya, it's SQUARE! but in my world, NOTHING makes sense :P

Dewayne

Comment

Edited. Changed mind about posting all that. We're just having issues...

I'll post pics up if I can in a day or so of what they got done recently. I haven't been at the haunt in a bit. Most of the work lately had been by the volunteers, my wife and brother.
                              Last edited by Frightener; 09-21-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

WEll, I can't hide it anymore. My family blew up and now I'm out. My wife has the information to this site. We had a problem that really should be worked out but she's flipping on me and making me stay away from the haunt. It's not her dream, it's mine, but for some reason she thinks she needs to finish it.

I'm out of the picture guys.

Thanks for the help.

Dewayne

Comment

Working...
                                X