Night Terrors NEA Build Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this sucks

Dude this sucks. It is so very depressing to hear about fellow haunters having to close up before the season even begins. I will be drinking a few with you mate.
    But dont give up on the dream. Next year will be here before you know it, and it sounds like the whole town is behind you so you know next year will be a banner event. Maybe hold a party in the building this year for all the town as a prelude of whats to come?
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Me personaly i would keep on moving forward in hopes that something posative will come of it. i would keep doing as much as possible whyle spending as little moeny as i could. things can change to the good just as quickly as they have for the not so good. if the town wants you there they will make it happen for ya some how. hopeing for the best for ya. Dont bother with the alchy it will just hurt everyone else around you and not make the next day any better. wishing posative vibes your way man.
      The Care Taker
      John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Wait!!

DeWayne Buddy! Listen, there's a MINOR technicality you MAY be able to play on...

Keep cool and lay low for a little while, try and see if they can rectify the situation somehow but don't do any work.

Since the officials clearly aren't purposely trying to screw you, maybe you can work around their agenda....

Most towns don't shut ANYTHING down, at ALL without a 30 day cease and desist notice. Your season is 30 days long, and you'd be operational 20+/- days...so if you lay low and don't do ANY more work, and your town HAS to give you 30 days to cease, you can wait until atleast October 1st to get that order, and open for up to 30 days then shut down completely. It's a VERY low-blow tactic...but legal....you'd still save October and then would have an entire year to re-do and fix the paperwork issues, and GUARANTEE you'll be all set, you only have to go through planning and zoning ONCE to get your special exceptions as long as you never leave the space you're at, so do it right once and then only the building people and fire marshal can go through everything each year. I definitely am not saying that EVERYONE should do this, but i mean....it's a minor legal loophole, the only thing you can be told to stop doing immediately is work, after that the next order is to give you a 30 day cease and desist, so if you can avoid getting that paperwork until October 1st, you can salvage your season.

HOLD THE BOOZE! YOU MAY BE ALRIGHT!!

If not, I'll fly down and we can drink rum and coke all night long! I'll even get the pizza! ;P

Comment

I'm with Bobby, someone is full of themselves here. They claim to want you, but are unwilling to make a one time exception. BULL!

Don't throw in the towel yet!
          Ed Roberts
          Founder
          The Nightmare Factory
          www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
          www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Eh, I didn't drink too much. : P I just can't keep drinking anymore. I wasn't an alcoholic, didn't think about how that come across lol. I was just merely stating I've not been so depressed in years that I just had to drink something. Anywho, you guys, I appreciate your comments. And you're right. I started working again, not too hard though. We'll see what happens and go from there.

I'll check into the Cease order details and such. Bobby, you're on the nailhead there. If that's the case, that's exactly what we need to do! We're not "open" yet, so if they DO have to give us a notice, then well, we'll run until then lol.

Thanks again guys for the encouragement. I'll keep yous posted.

Until then, I'ma get back to building my spider puppet :P

Dewayne

Comment

Also, rules are something to get around, you may not have permanent zoning but you can go into can I have a 30 day operational waiver? Like the whole thing is a test, at least in their minds (not a permanent threat necessarily) and all the dates a and rules are meant to be broken.

Rather than a seace and disist order you are liable to start the clock on fines every day you are even on the property like civil disobedience unless you have some kind of permit. Chances are, no one even knows where all those extra forms are or who made the rules to begin with. Think of all the poor children and Halloween and all that drama just a couple pieces of paper are holding back!

Bobby does have one view, you could do a one night a weekend party and everyone bring something (like money to get in)

All it takes is one cranky old lady in the neighborhood that doesn't think she can tolerate anyone else having any noisy funs past 9PM and you have the cops there saying there is a complaint. Unless you get it somewhat preapproved by the neighbors and demonstrate that that little stand off of what are you supposed to do never happens. Ot that the officials have an answer to the situation like mam, it has a licence to operate and it is only 3 weekends, if you have a complaint you can see the judge. Way across town and tell you crap to him. BUt I wear diapers and only have a little rascal to get there, well sorry mam, I would take an extra set and charge that thing up before I left the house.

Having a Halloween party starting immediately the first weekend of October will be a test of who bitches or who has perhaps made things difficult even thought they all said they were with you on this, then it is time to call the TV station and cry to them that the city was not totally helpful and you are missing this possible thing in your life from being experienced.

You can sway what ever is happening from we only have things on this one day of a month to we had to have an emergency meeting especially for you and the cookies were not that great at that meeting so I hope you appreciate what we have gone through just for you.
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Yoy may want to be aware of pounding on things at night, having large crowds lumbering about after dark and anything subversive looking for this month and then whammy.

People will just make up what they think is going to happen there. It might be a one night thing for 6 to 12 year old children where they get trick or treat things and that would be nice. Or it could be hundreds of teenagers having all night pool parties doing bath salts and giving each other tattoos and sexual favors and leaving behind disgusting things. It could be Monster trucks and whooping and hollering and pumpkin cannons blowing things through their precious gardens and landscaping and fences?

Who knows what it is or how to complain? It could be other business owners think it is taking that $8 out of the pockets of their regular customers or surely everyone is going to park and poop everywhere and they will have to clean that all up uncompensated, or they will be wandering the streets at night breaking windows just because they can. You are presenting something that doesn't usually happen here and it is scary even though at this point is is imaginary.

Go ahead with the newspaper thing and maybe only lose one week that was planned or plan to have 10,000 people out of control there one night and it wasn't you it was social marketing totally out of control, who knew? $250 fine for disturbing the peace? Can I make payments your honor? Like $50 a month?
                sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Occupy halloween!
                  sigpic

Comment

You know Greg, you're WAYYY too intelligent for me, but sometimes, I can read your posts and find the point. Thanks for posting. You and Jim always seem to grab my attention, and usually ends with a smile on my face.

You're sorta like Jim, in a way. You always reply with this smart azzy kinda story telling, like the gramma and diapers. I 'bout spit my tea on the monitor, haha.

Anyways... I thought I'd give some BETTER news.... The inspector went to the MAYOR and told him what happened. They requested that we proceed as planned and come to the meeting tonight!!

Well, we're halfway there, I think. If we make it through this, I guess it's up to City council, which my wife works for a local law firm which kinda knows some of them on the board. So hopefully, we'll all be good to go. Either way, we're doing something.
                    It's been mentioned that if we get screwed, to change our radio advertisement (with permission and free of charge from our stations) to advertise "Haunt is called off, due to Paragould City Officials not wanting us to do it" sorta thing.

I don't know about all that, but yeah, everyone we talk to seem to be rooting for us. Even the Book Thumpers! (well, the ones we've talked to lol)

We'll see and I'll let you guys know.

Also, on the other note, I got my spider box / cage all built and just need to rig the puppet system for it. My spider victim is looking good. Got a mask on him with a wig and all, it'll be somewhat see through and you can definatelly see the facial outlines with the hair... it'll be awesome.

Dewayne

Comment

Hahaha it's all good dewayne!

And don't give up! Just stay on the down low and DON'T inquire about the cease and desist order, just don't show that you're doing any work, and you'll know if you get it because they typically staple it to your property on the door.

Rules were made to get around is right! Lol

Happy (I mean...OCCUPY!) Halloween!

Comment

Well guys, we're beside Nidec factory (they were quick to tell us we were saying it wrong.. NEEEEdeck,, still morons, ever since they bought this factory last year, their employees went down to 30%, if that!)

Anyways, NIDEC showed up to contest our rezoning. Complained about how our customers will be parking over there and they don't want rioting and littering going on.. yada yada yada.

Well, the board was QUICK to tell them that "this isn't the place for concerns about those things, if those things happen, take it up with the police and take other actions, NOW, if you don't have any VALID reasons why we shouldn't approve this, please, take your seat!!!!!!"

We're good to go! Now all we have to do is see the board!

However, there's one drawback. Since someone DID complain about it all, the only stipulation is that we can NOT be open for business the first weekend! So, we've decided to have a FREE, EZ tour while taking donations for the family we'll be supporting this season.

Anyways, I gotta get back to Allen's blood recipe.

Thanks guys, we'll keep you posted!

YAY US!

Comment

CONGRATS!

I wrote that post before reading/seeing the other ones (must've finished typing before me lol)

But I couldn't be happier for you! And don't sweat it, the first weekend is the slowest anyway haha

Comment

That really sucks. Between reading this and what Pickle is going through all I can thank is god bless I don't have some A-hole near me that I have to deal with.

When I built my building in '04 the only thing I was "requested" to do, but not "required" was to put a long curve schedule 80 pipe in the ground to run my power lines underground. Just so the power guys could push wire through easily. No permits, no inspections, no gubment anything, period. Still have no one to answer to, but at the same time trying to be safe and do things right so I don't ruin it for myself either. Arkansas is one of the poorest states there is but is a free for all if you live in the county outside of incorporated cities. In my case the "City" is across the road so I am lucky to enjoy close proximity to traffic.
                            Last edited by Creepy Works; 09-06-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

100_3437.JPG100_3454.JPG100_3477.JPG100_3474.JPG

Thought I'd share a few pics. First is my daughter taunting the 2nd victim of our Tape Casting as presented to us by Allen Hopps.
                              Next is our divided house, I'm in the living room looking into the hallway that enters the kitchen to the right, and the bedrooms to the left. We punched through the closests to make a walkway and closing off what you see here. FP Plastic will be used on the side the boys are standing on.
                              The 3rd and 4th is my home version of the "Halo" from Gore Galore, back when I built it, I didn't realize WHAT it was or who built it. The picture a friend and given me was cropped. In the middle of building it, I went to find more reference pics, then I realized what it was. So I KNEW what it was when I was finishing it, but I couldn't leave it undone. Hope GG doesn't take offense, we will purchase theirs once the haunt gets going. The costume also isn't completed, still have paint etc to do to it. You can AAALLLWAYS use two Dr. Trauma's :P

Following are a few detail pics that were taken a while back. ALL of the mold and stuff was done by hand. The house is OLD, however everything is hand done. My friends and family have asked me if we were going to fix the leaks. I explained, then they asked how I got them to look so real. I told them "Well.... you see I've gone to a LOT of homes and mobile homes lately and took pictures of the mold in the homes... then I came home to replicate them" (those pics are on my friends phone, never transferred and I STILL need to clean my friends phone....lol )
                              Last edited by Frightener; 09-07-2012, 09:20 AM.

Comment

100_3441.JPG100_3442.JPG100_3444.JPG100_3445.JPG100_3448.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X