Another victim of Redtape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another victim of Redtape

Well I am another victim of Redtape. I own a business in the Cleveland area. After researching the market I came up with a great idea to build a small haunt in a vacant space next to my business. Everything was fine until I got to the building inspector. They want me to go through so many hoops that I now wonder if the initial investment would be worth the wait. I new I would have to conform to many rules and regulations but I dont understand why I have to have an architect draw up my simple plans. Our haunt would be relatively small compared to most (40' x 70') Just something simple to scare. I understand all the safety concerns but I think it is overkill. A three year old could understand my own plans but I was told to first pay an architect to just come and look at the building. Then I have to pay him over $1000 just to draw up my simple plans. Where did all the fun go? I have so many great ideas! Rats! I will keep trying though, theres always next year!
    My Daddy always told me... Never eat red snow!

Ridiculous isn't it?
    "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

But its Ok to send all those men to there real deaths in Iraq...
      "You smell like old people...and soap. I like that!!"

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDaddy
        But its Ok to send all those men to there real deaths in Iraq...
        What?????

Don't get me started on this one!!!!

Comment

NO POLITICS!

This section is for PROFESSIONAL HAUNTED HOUSE CHAT only!

Please take it elsewhere.
          Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Originally posted by haunter112
            NO POLITICS!

I agree!!!!! Thus my comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesaw
              Originally posted by haunter112
              NO POLITICS!

I agree!!!!! Thus my comment.
              Bonesaw, your avatar looks painful! LOL! Sorry, just had to say it! :lol:

Comment

Re: Another victim of Redtape

Originally posted by The Great Pumpkin
                Well I am another victim of Redtape. I own a business in the Cleveland area. After researching the market I came up with a great idea to build a small haunt in a vacant space next to my business. Everything was fine until I got to the building inspector. They want me to go through so many hoops that I now wonder if the initial investment would be worth the wait. I new I would have to conform to many rules and regulations but I dont understand why I have to have an architect draw up my simple plans. Our haunt would be relatively small compared to most (40' x 70') Just something simple to scare. I understand all the safety concerns but I think it is overkill. A three year old could understand my own plans but I was told to first pay an architect to just come and look at the building. Then I have to pay him over $1000 just to draw up my simple plans. Where did all the fun go? I have so many great ideas! Rats! I will keep trying though, theres always next year!
                Cleveland sucks for haunts, luckily We build our haunt in painesville, ohio, about 30 minutes east of cleveland, it is a little more lax there. What store do you own? If you really want to work on a haunt we always need help. Email me at frightworld@evilusions.com. I know the guys who own haunts in geneva on the lake and garretsville also, they have to conform to almost nothing. It seems like the farther you get from the big city, the less rules you have to follow. Unfortunatly that also mean the less customers you are going to get.
                Brian Warner
                Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Nightmare! I can sympathise. I would invest but only if you can use this for several years. If it is one off - forget it. Find a location - business, farm, factory, junkyard where you can strike a deal.

Look for a compliant building and compliant safety lighting that you own and can take with you and tell them you will co-brand the haunt so they get free publicity or can sell extra services (if its a farm and they sell produce).

This way they get something out of it and you get a location.

Comment

Working...
                  X