Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried this to promte their haunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried this to promte their haunt?

I was thinking...radio stations charge businesses to come out and broadcast at their location and draw customers. Why not do the same but with haunt actors? Local businesses could pay you to have an actor (or several) come out to their location for 2 hours or so and attract customers. I was thinking that maybe $100 per hour per actor would be a pretty fair price. Any thoughts?
    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
    www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

100.00 an actor?

Your paying them like an attorney!

Really? Where do we sign up?

Stew

Comment

Remote

Used to be a company here locally that did this all the time for Grand Openings, Special Promotions, parades and such. It was part of their full-time income. Although they used characters like "Power Rangers" and "Barney", every now and then they'd use a "Clown". Not sure of the price range they charged for the service but it seemed to be pretty popular.
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Radio is "Sound"

Better make sure your haunt actors can think on their "feet" and have something to say besides , "GRRR! Gotcha! and other mindless threats, which won't really play that well as the time ticks on. Such talent (as just described) might be worth $100 and hour compared to the minimal , mindlessness of those who can't do any more than Burp and phart and growl. HAHAHAHA!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I have done this in the past. I will give a few free tickets to the actors to hand out but advise them to only give 1 ticket to a couple or a group (this encourages that group to come to your haunt, yeah you gave 1 ticket out but you might get 5 revenue tickets that you might not have done).

The promotion worked well UNTILL... one of the actors was doing his thing and a little kid got scarred and started crying. Momma didn't take too kindly to it and caused a HUGE scene that would later involve the store manager and eventually being told from the store that we couldn't do it anymore. Sheesh... :roll:

Another thing I started doing was randomly driving around and leaving an envelope taped on people's doors. This was the same concept as above with the give a ticket out method. I would include a flyer, a letter explaining that they were selected at random and enclosed were (however many) free tickets. Again I would choose the houses at random. That year my attendance rose almost 15%.

Ryan

Comment

Never really thought about "charging". We've been taking the Humvee (Zombie Assault Vehicle) to Sponsor locations upon request.
            Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

LOL @ Jim. Yeah I think $100 per actor may be a little high since really, how much can they do except let people take pics with them and hand out an occasional ticket. I really like Haunter's ideas as well. I would think that it would be worth it just to let the actors loose on the city and get attention. Thanks for the input.
              ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
              ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
              www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

Comment

Working...
              X