Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Room Ideas to leave guests talking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Room Ideas to leave guests talking?

Theme: SleepAway Camp
    Final Room- Looking to create a "production" to leave guests talking and scare the crap out of them. We have dont the dark rooms, execution chamber etc. Sleep Away Camp theme we were thinking nurse theme but what will give that "Final effect? Thanks

Just to make sure I'm thinking correctly, you are talking about the Sleepaway Camp movie series that began in 1983 till the most recent one in 2008?

Ryan

Comment

No we aren't basing it on any movie we are making our own sleep away camp Haunt. ideas, possibilities are endless, We have a ton of woods, corn maze and 2 Haunted Houses.

Comment

The final Haunted House which is a 20x20 room we are trying to have a show stopper night to remember. We were thinking of a detention discipline area for bad campers just trying to think how to make it scary

Comment

I have had this question as well - what is the single-most scariest ending that could be done in a haunt?

Too often a haunted house just ends. There might be a boring chainsaw, but for the most part it does not feel like a real showstopper. We have had the problem of a strong opening, a great middle, then a poor or boring ending as if the ideas just whizzed away the further down the trail you went. In many ways we've found our thinking to be linear: we imagine the queue-line and entrance and major scenes, but don't always have a decent way to end things with a bang.

Any ideas?
          DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
          www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Comment

last room same as the first

The thing that got me the most comments was a room I did several years ago and am bringing it back this year. I have the last room EXACTLY the same as the first room (same entrance, props, actors that look alike, exit everything)...You should see the look on peoples faces when they walk in... You have to make the first room very memorable and I had an actor actually interacting with the people as they came in to make sure they looked around and took notice. It also helps if you have it look a little different than the rest of the haunt.

The best reaction was at the end of the night there were four 21-ish college guys coming through. All of the actors were following them out (although they didnt know it) and when they walked into the room they were frozen in the corner as we all walked in. One of the actors piped up and said...haha were just messing with you, you went the wrong way. He then proceeded to walk them back a few rooms and left them there alone with nothing going on... LOLOL should should of seen them when they finally walked back into the last room. I seriously thought one of them was going to start crying. We all then just walked out without saying a word and they "sort of" followed us out. After they walked out 1 of them was PISSED (the one that was about to cry)... I think he finally figured out that they were not going to die.. The other 3 couldn't stop laughing at him. But the consensus was that it was the cruelest thing anyone had done to them and they also thought it was the best scare they had ever had done to them. (Im in SoCal and have to compete with Knott's, the Queen Mary, and Universal Studios...so I got some competition)
            What?? You dropped your cell phone in the Haunted house somewhere and wanted to know if I could go get it for you? Sorry, that's against the rules but I will let you go to the front of the line so you can go try to find it yourself. Just give me a moment to let the monsters know you are coming through again...Alone.

Comment

sounds interesting but no scare?

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
                sounds interesting but no scare?
                The scare is the thought of having to go through the whole thing again... Seriously, people were freaking out. The mind is a way better weapon than any animatronic monster or actor... I did it originally because I ran out of ideas with one room left and wondered what peoples reaction would be if they thought they made a wrong turn and ended back at the beginning. The funny part was that the previous room right before it had always been our greatest "scare room" so they were stuck with the thought of having to go through the whole thing...or go back into a room they just got their pants scared off of them to "find" the exit. The last room would sometimes have 20+ people in it just standing there refusing to go anywhere. We had to regularly clear it out, because people refused to move.
                What?? You dropped your cell phone in the Haunted house somewhere and wanted to know if I could go get it for you? Sorry, that's against the rules but I will let you go to the front of the line so you can go try to find it yourself. Just give me a moment to let the monsters know you are coming through again...Alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ravensmoon View Post
                  The last room would sometimes have 20+ people in it just standing there refusing to go anywhere. We had to regularly clear it out, because people refused to move.
                  Absolutely genius!

C.

Comment

I like it alot do you have a photo of the room.

Comment

That's a pretty darn good idea (but I might tweek it a bit for myself)...

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
                        I like it alot do you have a photo of the room.
                        That would be especially effective in your case cuz if the beginning and ending rooms are clear across the park, they are also going to seriously wonder how they came full circle.

Serious mindfreak!

C.

Comment

Very true! Especially if the room right after the first one was super scary... then they get through the last room, and, ahhhh sigh of relief, its normal lighting... then in come the chainsaws!

Comment

Originally posted by scottylmt View Post
                            then in come the chainsaws!
                            Music to my ears :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by scottylmt View Post
                              then in come the chainsaws!
                              Originally posted by Haunter View Post
                              Music to my ears :evil:
                              I need a chainsaw for my character. We need to find a suitable chainsaw substitute that weighs, smells, sounds, and feels like a real chainsaw . . . and that doesn't cost $700 a pop.

C.

Comment

Working...
                              X