Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Room Ideas to leave guests talking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
    I need a chainsaw for my character. We need to find a suitable chainsaw substitute that weighs, smells, sounds, and feels like a real chainsaw . . . and that doesn't cost $700 a pop.

C.

So you don't want to use a chainsaw or you can't use one or what?

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Haunter View Post
      So you don't want to use a chainsaw or you can't use one or what?

Ryan
      In the conference room of a corporate headquarters? Not entirely feasible.

I've been wanting to do a substitute chainsaw, but this isn't the lead time I was hoping for in which to develop it.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
        In the conference room of a corporate headquarters? Not entirely feasible.

C.

Then I would go with an air cannon or an actor using a skill saw.

I did a body parts shop once and the actor had a skill saw (bladeless of course) and beating a body part like a leg against the counter. (The room they walked into was dark then the actor would turn on a power strip wich had a stobe light on it with the red film 3/4 of the way inserted for better lighting effects. The red brought out the blood while the remaining 1/4 of the light was white providing a more visible light so they could kinda see what's going on. I also had a head attached to a rope on the ceiling that would swing out and clear their heads by about a foot (but looked like it was going to hit them). While they were destracted by all of this and tended to take a step back there was a drop panel right behind them with an actor in it. That entire set sent people running time and again. :mrgreen:

Ryan

Comment

Then I would go with an air cannon or an actor using a skill saw.
          Funnily enough, the skill saw figures into it. This is for an icon character.

I did a body parts shop once and the actor had a skill saw (bladeless of course) and beating a body part like a leg against the counter. (The room they walked into was dark then the actor would turn on a power strip which had a strobe light on it with the red film 3/4 of the way inserted for better lighting effects. The red brought out the blood while the remaining 1/4 of the light was white providing a more visible light so they could kinda see what's going on. I also had a head attached to a rope on the ceiling that would swing out and clear their heads by about a foot (but looked like it was going to hit them). While they were distracted by all of this and tended to take a step back there was a drop panel right behind them with an actor in it. That entire set sent people running time and again. :mrgreen:
          That's a good room design, and that might come in hand.

Comment

Working...
          X