Building a 3D model of your room concepts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a 3D model of your room concepts

Some of you are going to laugh at this but I'm going to share anyway. I have spent a large amount of money on concept artwork this season. It was worth the investment but I decided to try some of my own ideas and sketch them out. I have a minor in graphic design. Anyway, I am building a large sewer area with lots of running water. I was inspired by the display at Transworld on this one. I was working with my staff today and showed them my drawing. I think it will be a really cool scene with alot of detail but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I also want to make sure my customers are going to love it before I put a sizable time and monetary investment into it. You guys know how that works.

I have 2 boys who LOVE Legos. I have a small fortune invested in a large collection of brightly colored plastic blocks that I usually step on with bare feet. Tonite,with my boys help, we built a model of my sewer scene to scale. I saw a few issues right away that I did not see in my drawing. We are starting on this scene tomorrow and I will bring my Lego model to show my staff as a reference.

It's an idea that might help somebody out. I think next year at Transworld I will have a booth with my patented idea that I will not let anyone use unless ou pay me a huge sum of money. Sorry couldn't help myself on that one.LOL

Good luck all!

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Sounds awesome Buck....pics?
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I wonder if Legoland builds all their scale models with Lego bricks....

Great idea Buck, love to see some pics as well. Scale models are great for understanding sight lines, which it seems youve already solved some problems with it.
      Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
      [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Scale models

I will post a few pics if I can figure out how to do it. I'm out in Wyoming climbing Devils Tower right now but when I get back we should have that scene done in about a week. My kids want to build haunted house scenes all he time now. I just can't convince them that Darth Vader won't be lurking in my haunt.LOL.

Buck
        Capt.Chaos
        Fear Asylum Haunted House
        Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

We definitely need to see the Lego concept pieces. The last inspirational picture anyone posted was some empty beer cans and small toy skeletons crawling on them. Before that is was a card table with plastic horse and fence collection that was scary for a completely different reason.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Concept sounds awesome

Comment

CC - don't let your boys see this or you might be buying a couple sets for Christmas. Only $179.99 on Lego website. 2064 pieces.

legohouse.png
              Last edited by Creepy Works; 08-24-2012, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X