Vortex Tunnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortex Tunnel

Does anyone have plans for building a Vortex tunnel. I have a friend whos a welder, so making the rings will not be an issue for me!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Randy

Originally posted by casketvamp2 View Post
    Does anyone have plans for building a Vortex tunnel. I have a friend whos a welder, so making the rings will not be an issue for me!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Randy
    There's an excellent tutorial online. I'll see if I can find the link.

C.

Comment

Ill look forward to your link!

Thank you

Comment

This is a good place to start. Just to keep things simple, I included all the links leading up to the actual construction pages. Lots of disclaimers, apparently, before hand.

One important point. If this is a pro-haunt, make sure it's ADA friendly. No steps or bridges that are too tight for wheelchairs.

http://www.timepasses.com/vortex/index.shtml
        http://www.timepasses.com/vortex/vortex2.html
        http://www.timepasses.com/vortex/vortex3.html

Incidentally, he used i-beams to create the bridge, but mentions that you can use 2x10's or 2x12's bolted together to get the same effect, but I didn't see the diagram he used to have.

Still, good place to start.

C.

Comment

Someone told me I could make my rings out of PVC and use the black nylon tarp for covering the tunnel with...THis sounds like a recipie for disaster to me.....Would PVC rings really work? Comments , please!!!

Comment

Originally posted by casketvamp2 View Post
            Someone told me I could make my rings out of PVC and use the black nylon tarp for covering the tunnel with...THis sounds like a recipie for disaster to me.....Would PVC rings really work? Comments , please!!!
            You'd have to use some really thick PVC like schedule 80, then it may not bend like regular schedule 40 pipe. The weight of your tarp is what's gonna kill it. PVC isn't that rigid. You might get it to work with some black bisqueen (plastic sheeting). Not sure if you're looking to use this inside or out, but PVC just wouldn't be worth the gamble to me. Stick with what's tried and true.
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Ok thanks..

Im asking for someone I know whos trying to cut costs.....I keep telling you have to use metal rings....Damn newbies,,,,,,

Comment

we have done it both "pvc" ways and with a tarp or plastic..... the best covering we have used was the "weed mat" type meterial, it will let any water that gets on it pass & not weight down & distort the pvc. The only problem to me is this will let in a lot of light.
                The Thing is it that the pvc WILL BREAK... sooner or later, our haunt is only open on the weekends, so it usually makes it close to the last night.
                Fact of the matter is, I've done this 5 years or so having to re-do it every year...this year we will NOT have a tunnel, because I will not rebuild it out of pvc again...the next time it will be built out of aluminum & hopefully, that will be the last time.
                Just my experience.
                SLaughter.

Comment

Working...
                X