ScreamLine Studios ?????? WTH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScreamLine Studios ?????? WTH?

Does anyone know how to get a hold of this place?? I placed an online order, received a confirmation/invoice on July 30th. I have been trying to check on my order and called 6x and left messages, emailed the address several times, called neighboring businesses of theirs (thank you Google maps), tweeted, and even left a FB message with another attraction they are supposedly working at according to SL Studios FB post. Really???

If you know something I don't or perhaps you know them personally, it would be great to get a message to them. Very disappointed in the service.

Thanks

Hi Jim!!! Sorry about any communication issues!!! As you already know we have been on the road for a few weeks now, and yes we are working on your order!! It hurts me you posted this on a public forum. We are a company that puts customers first and we have never charged you for your order or any other customers order untill your order is shipped.
    We are and never have been a company to take a customers money and run. Like most people here know i always give out my home office phone number !(440)205-0111. Which we kindly would have given to you if we received any communication about your concern. There were no messages on twitter, FB or in Screamlines e-mail from you.

p.s. All of us at Screamline Studios sincerly apologize for everything, we are willing to work to correct this issue.

Thank you
    Jason Blaszczak
    Screamline Studios

Comment

I will 2nd that. screamline is one of the best....

darksidestew

Comment

Jason,

Thank you for the reply. With all due respect, I did leave numerous voicemails, emails, a twitter (which was asking how we get a hold of you) and had the auto company in your building put a note on your door. I suspected you were on the road as I indicated; however, we live in a tech world where voicemails and emails can be checked anywhere in the world.

I certainly did not want to post this situation on a public forum either. In my defense, I made every attempt to contact you with all the [public] resources made available to me as a first time customer via your fb page and website. Also, your voicemail indicates that the {box is full} and cannot receive any more messages. As a last resort, Hauntworld is the last option I had (to my knowledge) that could possibly get me some answers since this seems to be the common ground for haunters and vendors. Apparently I was correct.

In addition, I never stated that you took my money or charged my card; although I did receive an invoice with all my credit card information on it. So, as a new customer and obviously a first time order, I am quite sure that you can understand the concerns I had when I repeatedly received no reply to an order status after 19 days. It's not about the money I was remotely concerned about; rather whether or not I need to search out other options for product with less than 40 days before opening. This concerns me greatly since you indicated in your post that you are working on my order yet you also stated you are on the road.

Thank you for contacting me via Hauntworld forums. A status update to my email with an e.t.a. would be greatly appreciated. My personal email information will be on the invoice you sent me.

Thanks,
        Jim

Comment

Just curious on what you ordered? I just ordered 5 gallons of latex and got it a couple of days later and was pleasantly surprised at the rapid delivery.

Comment

same old song...

Jim, I'm with you on this & I have also posted my frustrations regarding the lack in communication from vendors. Seems like common ground (or common excuse) is "we were on the road/out of the country/setting up a haunt in another state"- so what! If you are a ligit biz than act like one! No one & I mean no one in today's world is more than 5 minutes from a device that can reach across this globe. At the very least these vendors should notify their customers prior to departing (if they will be unreachable) or have an actual person or answering service handling incoming messages. I wonder if these vendors would not feel the same way if they called their bank day after day trying to make a withdraw only to receive an email saying "sorry we were away for a couple of weeks"! Yeah, that wouldn't be a problem right? Yeah...riiight! Get it together vendors...it is obvious this industry is seriously lacking in the communication department. There is such a simple solution...COMMUNICATE!!!

P.
            Jim Pashley
            The FEAR FACTORY
            www.thefearfactorynj.com
            855-NJ HAUNT
            sigpic
            "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

Thank you Pickle! I didn't think it was too much too ask either.
              I did not slam, talk smack about, or accuse SL Studios of anything but exactly what you indicated. Communication....or in this case, lack of.

mrfoos: what I ordered is not relevant to this discussion, but thank you for your input.

Comment

Jason...................

What's going on with rotting flesh radio ? I know you guys sponsered there and gave away prizes everyweek. Where is 'uncle johnathan" ? Please, advise..............

Comment

Originally posted by annarchy View Post
                  mrfoos: what I ordered is not relevant to this discussion, but thank you for your input.
                  It kind of is if someone else wants to make the same kind of order. Why not share what you know?

Comment

July 30th is when you placed your order. Todays date is Aug 19th. Have you ever dealt with any haunt company online before? They are not wal-mart they are Screamline studios.

Comment

Screamline still has the best prop ax. I own 3 of them.

Comment

Take a DEEP BREATH....

Okay hold on here! Just hold on a minute...
                        Let's put down the pitch forks and torches and talk this out.
                        This should NOT be a which hunt!
                        Now before we ALL start jumping in without having personal
                        experience with this vendor it really is not fair lump them into the category of "Bad Vendors".

First Yes you can check email and phone messages from all over the world BUT...
                        believe it or Not everyone has smart phones. I'm just saying.
                        Let it be clear I am not taking sides I just want this to be worked out between the 2 parties involved.
                        I might be a little "WTH" to if i didn't hear back from a vendor in a few of weeks of ordering.
                        Just to get an update on my order. That's it!
                        Now if the order was placed on July 30th then we should take a pause and consider that.
                        Their are many variables to that...What was ordered? How long does it take to make?
                        If i get an order for 2 pieces it can takes us 2 sometimes 3 weeks to get them based how busy we are.
                        To my demise I Obsesse on my business and answer all emails in 20 minutes sometimes. But that's just me.
                        I know this is about communication. I get that i do. Very important!
                        Again i am not taking sides i just don't want this to turn into a witch hunt.
                        FAIR?
                        sigpic
                        PEACE, ADAM
                        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Well excuse us!

Originally posted by pickle View Post
                          Jim, I'm with you on this & I have also posted my frustrations regarding the lack in communication from vendors. Seems like common ground (or common excuse) is "we were on the road/out of the country/setting up a haunt in another state"- so what! If you are a ligit biz than act like one! No one & I mean no one in today's world is more than 5 minutes from a device that can reach across this globe. At the very least these vendors should notify their customers prior to departing (if they will be unreachable) or have an actual person or answering service handling incoming messages. I wonder if these vendors would not feel the same way if they called their bank day after day trying to make a withdraw only to receive an email saying "sorry we were away for a couple of weeks"! Yeah, that wouldn't be a problem right? Yeah...riiight! Get it together vendors...it is obvious this industry is seriously lacking in the communication department. There is such a simple solution...COMMUNICATE!!!
                          I've got to chime in here with my two cents. In case anyone hasn't noticed the Haunted House Industry is a niche market and in our case a very small business with very limited resources to do what we can to add to the industry. None of us have business degrees and we are artists just doing our best to get by and work out of passion to provide what we do. Most of us have day jobs and don't have the ability to hire anyone, let alone just one person to answer all the incoming communications. So what do we do? I guess in Mr Pickles esteemed opinion just close our doors because one person had a bad communication experience. Let's make a mountain out of a mole hill. So all our other customers who are patient and can read that some orders take 1-3 weeks to ship on our HOME page will lose a source of what I consider very good quality products.

Here are the facts - For the record it was a slip mask order, I got one email that said "do I have a ship date". It didn't mention the order number or what was on it, I assumed it was answered. Various people at Screamline check twitter accounts, fb accounts and emails when we can. Instead of having our neighbors get harassed by this customer (which seemed a little extreme for an order that wasn't even billed yet), another email would have been sufficient for me to wonder why there wasn't a response. I would have surely replied. The website should be considered the only venue for getting a response for orders and it received ONE email asking about status.

This ONE order slipped through the cracks when it comes to communicating. It happens to the biggest companies. I can show example after example of customers complimenting us on our rapid response, but one customer complains on a public forum and we need to GET IT TOGETHER. I wish we could all be perfect and I could have a business that actually made enough to have full time paid employees. But it is what it is - all I am asking is to cut us a little slack instead of jumping to conclusions and questioning our ability to have a legitimate business. I am sure all the frustrations of the industry weren't meant to be placed on our doorstep, but that is certainly where it ended up.

Crap like this makes you just want to say to hell with it, like many other vendors already have.
                          Steve Martini
                          Screamline Studios
                          www.screamlinestudios.com
                          steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Time out!

Wow, ok if I may;

I agree with both sides. I understand that as a haunter you shell out a lot of money and expect to see results. I also understand as a vendor the demand is high and getting higher the closer we get to opening dates.

I would like to make a humble suggestion. I start planning and ordering for my haunt in February which allows the vendors to have adequate time AND sometimes I get price breaks becuase it's still so early in the year. I like to use the saying "lack of preperation on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine" and this is very true.

One time I ordered over $1000 of supplies from a company that never delivered and yet charged me for them. Long story short, I never received anything back money or merchandise. This is a mutual fear, one that I completely understand. But we still has to have some sort of patience with vendors or resort into doing it ourselves.

Before any more attacking is done on the forum please keep in mind you might be burning a bridge in a relatively small community. Ultimately we are all on the same team trying to produce an attraction. Try putting yourself in the other persons shoes before going off and have patience.

Ok time in and play nice.... :mrgreen:

Comment

I also would like to put in my 2 cents....

First - I want to say thanks to Screamline for making AWESOME products, and being a vendor in this industry that makes quality props.

Second- I can see how after a couple weeks goes by anyone would start to get "concerned with their order"... I'm not saying I agree with the methods taken to get results, but would be a liar if I haven't though about doing some of the same while dealing with a few "other" vendors with orders placed in March that were received in October....

My take on it all is it's TIME, you know the time where everyone is running crazy to get all the orders filled, all the props built, all the orders that you just realized you needed ordered , trying to find all the info. on the orders that have been placed....

EVERYONE calm down.... it's going to be OK, just be a little understanding, a little patient, & enjoy the fact that we all are going to get to do what we love REALLY SOON!

Just my 2 cents... Slaughter.

Comment

Working...
                              X