Transworld Show Floor FOG or NO FOG... you decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld Show Floor FOG or NO FOG... you decide

There is a debate going on whether or not to allow vendors to spray up the show floor with FOG... I voted NO FOG! We all know what fog machines do, and what fog is and does. Last year it was SO BAD I could hardly see a thing ... do vendors want the show floor filled up with fog, or would you rather have no fog so you can see everything the way you are suppose to see it?

Ghost Ride voted no fog, I'm voting no fog... what say you?

Did the fog create a huge problem on the show floor?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I vote NO fog, but instead of just saying NO, NO, NO, let's come up with a solution so those vendors aren't left out in the cold. We have a Dark Zone area curtained in, how about a second curtained in area, the Fog Zone.

Comment

I absolutely disagree. No two fog machines are the same and if I can't see one in action I don't buy. It would be better to make an area of the floor where they can be grouped like the dark zone. Maybe the "Fog Zone".
      Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Larry,

I have never been to a show, but my thought is if a vendor has a new product to show fog or foggers, why not put these vendors in a differant room or controlled space???

I'm sure there would be a handfull of these venders, but at least you would have other vendors not being effected. Better yet why not set up a time schedule throughout the day when fog and foggers can be deminstrated.

My opinion if they are using the fog as a mood or display setter, then I would say no fog should be used. If the vender needs the lighting, fog, and sounds to market a new product stand out or sell then they should be required to make a deminstration video that they can play at their booth.

Just my 2 cents!!!

Mr. Haunt

Comment

I vote fog...and MORE fog!

But really, why doesn't Transworld just reach out to the buyers with all the emails they have in their database from registration instead of putting a feeler out through Hauntworld? Oh wait, that would make sense...I guess they won't reach out to their own buyers. Ugh... -Tyler
          http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
          >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

I need to see the machines work in order to buy one. Why not just ask fog machine vendors to be judicious about their use? Try that route before you make knee jerk reaction that might impede someones business.
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Could they utilize any space outside of the convention center? Perhaps the loading dock around back?
              Zach Wiechmann
              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Hummmm

Man this is a hard one!!! I mean when you got vendors like Froggys they need to show the quality of their product. This would be like saying blood or no blood, gore or no gore. X or G rated. If they are in the business of selling fog I say they should be allowed to but if a vendor is just using it for their booth to attract attention I say NO! You could also have a vendor say this prop comes with fog. Shane and it's what do you guys think? Shane
                sigpic

Comment

Of course fog, that's as much a part of the ambiance of the show as seeing black tee shirts. It's a haunt show, fog is a must!

Jake

Comment

Have a seperate section with closed tents for fog vendors

This would be perfect. People who want fog could just go there at their leisure and check out the area. Plus,the fog would be contained in one sectioned off area. This could work to everyones' advantage if done right. Good luck with this. It wont make everyone happy, but something has to be done.

Comment

Keep the fog. I have never noticed it being a problem.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

Keep the Fog...

It's part of the show and adds to the event.

So if you are thinking about having a separate area for fog, then any vendors having props that use fog would have to have their booth in there as well??

I like that I can go to a vendors booth such as Distortions and see all they have in one place, fog fueled or not.

Just my thoughts...

Paul Boyd

Comment

This year was my first trip to St. Louis. I did not notice the fog.

Comment

The fog was really bad this year to the point it became almost impossible to see... its almost being a non-smoker eating dinner out, and a bunch of people light up around you. At the tradeshow you've got vendors who want people to see their products and you can't because you are caked in FOG! I'm voting no fog! The issue is most vendors shouldn't suffer because of a handful of vendors who sell fog.

Its a tradeshow and due to that we need vendors booths to be seen clear as day, now in the dark zone I'm all for fog!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

is it at all possible to have a seperate walled off room for fog vendors? I am with the others that say I need to see the machine in action before I buy it.

On the other hand, I can see where it would be bothersome to some vendors not being able to see or just having fog lingering in the air all the time. What about all the noise? There are a select few vendors that sell items we want, need, love to have for our haunts, but are very loud! It would make me nuts if I paid good money for a booth and was saddled up next to one of them for the entire show.

So not to name names... according to one youtube video, one vendor ran a fog machine non-stop the entire show! I can imagine the fog!

We'll be out the the show in 2013, curious to see what comes of this.
                              Ed Roberts
                              Founder
                              The Nightmare Factory
                              www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
                              www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Working...
                              X