No announcement yet.

Transworld Show Floor FOG or NO FOG... you decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It makes sense to me, to consolidate those who wish to use fog, in one area. Explain to them that there are those among us who would like to deprive them of their right to use fog, and that if they don't keep the level of fog within reason, they might get unplugged.
    It would be a shame if the vendors who rely on fog, have this taken away without any warning or say so.
    My advice to the foggers would be to scale back the fog and whine as much as possible, because it seems that the whiners always get their way. I feel bad for you guys, and I wish that I could be of some help, but I just can't bring myself to whine. Good luck.
    www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, but as far as seeing products "in their intended environment," I say YES, fog. It adds to the spirit of the show and though the vast overhead of the room was thick,at no point did it seem to cloud vision so badly that while you were in any given booth you were unable to see their stuff.

Comment

I didn't have a problem with it, but last year was my first year....
        Why don't they bring a small popup tent with walls/tarps around it?

That way, we can see the fog, but it won't pollute the whole place.

It will escape, but will do so gradually it will be more difficult to notice.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Attendee for 16 years................... YES!!!!!!!!! to the use of fog!

Comment

This is always a topic of conversation when it comes to MHC as well as Transworld. We are going to try something suggested by Froggy's that I think TW is considering as well. That is to require all fog machines on the show floor to use a fast dissipating mix in their machines. I had everyone switch to this on Sunday this year and it made a huge difference in the amount of fog in the hall while still allowing demonstrations and adding to the haunt experience.

Comment

I honestly hate the loud flash cracker things and very loud props as it made it very hard to talk with certain vendors and I could see some vendors getting upset by too much fog.

My recommendation is have a "demonstration" area were loud noises, fog, and those types of things are allowed and maybe any area for business vendors (such as ticket vendors, insurance, etc.. ) vendors who need a more quiet area to talk with clients. Separate those two sections in the hall. Just like you had with the Dark Zone area of years past.

Maybe you will sell two booths to those vendors who need both types of areas. One to demonstrate their props and another area to close the business.

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedLehmanPark View Post
                I honestly hate the loud flash cracker things and very loud props as it made it very hard to talk with certain vendors and I could see some vendors getting upset by too much fog.
                Amen... That's the one thing that drives me nuts is having to wait 2 mins to be able to continue a conversation with someone at my booth because of some loud vendor that's even on the other side of the show floor. It's really annoying.
                News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Working...
                X