Grand finale / end scare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand finale / end scare

Towards the end of our haunt we have a huge clown section then that leads them to the Curtains of Chaos. But after they find there way out get out, what should be the memory maker / big scare at the end that will leave them talking about it!?

Does anyone have an Idea or suggestions that could help?

Thanks!
    -Nic

Originally posted by Nic Miele View Post
    Does anyone have an Idea or suggestions that could help?
    The best one to date is JB Corn's "Final Event". I've yet to see a room scarier or more effective, tho some come close. Best of all, it's free!

Do you have any of his books?

C.

Comment

Arrange for a Russian satellite to plummet to the earth right next to them. Perhaps a falling bill board? A chainsaw? hit them with an ice cream truck?
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
        Arrange for a Russian satellite to plummet to the earth right next to them. Perhaps a falling bill board? A chainsaw? hit them with an ice cream truck?
        Totally looking forward to the YouTube Wednesday Tutorials on those.

C.

Comment

What was his scare? Where can I find it? Thanks

Comment

http://www.nightmarepark.com/JBCorn%20CD.html

That is where you can find all of his stuff! Great content and information here!
            Just your friendly neighborhood...........awe hell I can't think of anything witty

Comment

What part should I be looking at for the grand finale? Thanks

Comment

Times "2" should do it!

Have some dummys, manniquins arranged on both sides of them and they have to walk between them to get out.
                Have one live actor move ever so slightly, just as to garner some attention, as they hesitate and possibly back away, the second actor is already behind them in costume. All they have to do is just growl or make some small word or two loud enough for just that one person to hear, when they scream, jump back they will be in-range of the first "monster"
                Done subtly , the others just a few feet back can be then played the same way because the sounds were quiet enough and the body movements small enough that the others back abit didn't see, hear or notice, of course adjusting the light lower helps this too.
                Scaring people under bright, seemingly "show-All" illumination does set up a certain calmness that can then be taken full advantage of, though. (Fun! FUN!)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

So this was JB Corns finale?

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
                    So this was JB Corns finale?
                    No, it isn't.

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
                    What part should I be looking at for the grand finale? Thanks
                    I have PDFs of these books. I'll send you the link.

I'll see about getting a specific page number, but basically a little girl pops out of a hole in the wall and goes "boo!". Believe it or not, this would send virtually everyone running out screaming, often hitting the floor, and you know it was effective because the exit was right next to the entrance (like 5' away) and the customers running out screaming provided free entertainment to the people waiting in line.

They didn't know what it was that scared everyone, but they figured it must have been pretty intense. They were quite shocked to find out that they just had the crap scared out of them by a 10 year old girl going "boo!". Mind you, we're talking about grown adults looking their sh*t as well. Even big tough guys who don't scare easy would get a real jump.

Btw, this isn't hearsay. I worked in that haunt. I saw it in action personally. Very effective. What was really funny was watching an adult try to work that final scare, and naturally they thought that a little girl going "boo!" wasn't scary enough and so they would start writing there own material. Immediately you'd see the patrons going from running out screaming to "boy, that was lame" and just walk out. JB would be back there in a flash, grab the guy by the lapels just about and almost throw him out of the room. He'd then put another little girl in there and - bingo! - we're back to people running out screaming.

C.

*Incidentally, there was a little bit more than that happening behind the scenes . . .*
                    Last edited by BrotherMysterio; 08-29-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Brother Mysterio-
                      The effect was good yes, but very hard to replicate. That is bad advice because if they tried exactly what you say they will most likely have poor results. What you are basically saying is have an actor at the end with good timing. That worked at the time but is most likely not repeatable.
                      I try to avoid the word "boo" mostly because that is what 10 year old girls say to scare people. She must have had great timing.
                      Allen H
                      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Lots of good ideas and it was Allen that mentioned the chainsaw?!?

*sigh*

:-D
                        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                          I try to avoid the word "boo" mostly because that is what 10 year old girls say to scare people. She must have had great timing.
                          Allen H
                          I have the haunt owners I work with pledge to ban the words "Boo," "Get Out" and unless it's a butcher, slaughterhouse, or cannibal scene, "Fresh Meat."
                          Last edited by Badger; 08-31-2012, 04:12 PM.
                          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Did "Size" matter?

A hole so small only a small child could pop out of it? This factor would catch many off-guard.
                            My exit for years was being "Puked Out" on the Parking lot, "Recetted out on the roadway, regurgitated on the .. well, you get the idea. The huge steel skull was fed from the back of it's head via a small slide and those leaving were spit out just 20 feet from those waiting in line to come in, so opinions were asked for, "Is it any good?" "Was it fun"?
                            Skull-sliders would all say "Yes!" (Yes they did!) causing some of those still waiting to grimace and quietly curvse their "Wait/Fate" knowing they HAD to wait now and not leave without seeing The Ravens Grin Inn!
                            Of course I really loved to see and hear all of this!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                              I have the haunt owners I work with pledge to ban the words "Boo," "Get Out" and unless it's a butcher, slaughterhouse, or cannibal scene, "Fresh Meat."
                              We also cringe at "I'm going to kill you!" especially if it's a youngster saying it.

I've found that whispers, just loud enough to be audible over the ambient noise, can be more effective than some of the loudest screams. Of course, that means you have to be inside someone's personal space, the slap-zone.

Chad

I've been kicked, hit, slapped, shoved, and head butted. Just about everything except PEED ON. But I have stepped in it...
                              Chad Portenga
                              www.hauntedhall.com

Comment

Working...
                              X