Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt help network

Hey Gang-
    Now is the time that things get stressful and crazy for all of us and I want to help. Each of us have skills that might help someone else in their moment of need. I consider every haunter a brother or sister of mine and I dont mind helping out when I can. I have called on local haunters before and they always come by and help me out. I try to act in kind. This is for moments that are frustrating you and you would just like a phone call with an expert or someone more familiar with your project than you are.
    If you are willing to help others this haunt season if they need your skill set then post your name and number and what you can help with. Maybe you are great with DMX, happen to be an electrician, a plumber, build aircannons, are a master of Fright props controllers, can program BASIC stamp controllers, or can make costumes out of tablescraps and fish tears. I will start off- Hope fully others can add to my skill set and make this a useful thread for all haunters.

Im Allen Hopps - 469-337-4929
    I am good at Actor training, general haunt design, set design and decoration, prop construction, mask and mold making, and costuming. I am a stilt and stilt walking expert (I feel I can say that strongly). If you need help in those categories or just need to talk to a 25+ year haunter then feel free to call. I tend to give advice like your grand parents would give if they were haunters common sense crap that you would see for yourself if you were not so emotionally involved. And I can find just about anything you might need haunt wise.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Allen, this is what makes you awesome and a great haunter in this industry. Your always willing to help wherever you can and we need more people like that. In following Allen's example and spirit of the thread,

Charles Terry, (415) 347-6594
    I do anything in regards to web development, facebook development, mobile app development, or anything online in general. I've also been doing marketing and production for the past 10 years, so if you are having some problems with your website or need some advice on connecting with your guest, feel free to drop me a email at relics @ http://www.hauntersdigest.com or give me a call.
    Last edited by MovieRelics; 08-23-2012, 03:54 AM.
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Jim Warfield

Resume-..? .. I clean cat boxes, real good. (the cat must be removed from the box, though.)
      I know everything, I know nothing, all I know is what works here, personally for me.
      My "show" is fairly different and has been open for business almost every night for the last 25 years, no, I'm not 26 yrs. old, I'm 63.
      (I also accidentaly write poems, looking at what I wrote here)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Okc, ok

Ryan Phillips 479-301-7774
        ryan.phillips99@gmail.com

Reside in OKC

13 years in the Haunt Industry

Haunt design/layout and construction, prop building, set design and construction, sound, lighting, special effects, marketing, some acting, limited makeup.

I work as an electronics technician by trade but I also have a good amount of experience with electrical work.

Always happy to help and if you are close I will attempt to come help you out if possible. Just let me know.

Comment

Allen? Please tell me you are not sitting by the phone dressed as Madame Cleo, ready to whip out a Jamaican accent.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I be cheaper than miss Cleo mon, she be a hack Mon- talk to me ann eeery ting gone be Iree.
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
              I be cheaper than miss Cleo mon, she be a hack Mon- talk to me ann eeery ting gone be Iree.
              LMAO! I INSTANTLY started reading that in the accent, perfect man, perfect.

Allen, you're an asset to the industry, you have the biggest heart I've seen with the most passion displayed. Thank you for doing so much, especially for us noobs getting our feet wet. It's very nice to have people like you, Greg, BrotherM, Larry and even Jim for the comic relief. I do not hesitate to read what Mr. Jim has got to say, he tends to always make my smile for the day.

Although I don't have any masters, I've been around a lot, so my daddy would probably I try to be a jack of all trades and wtf is a master?

I however, don't mind at all to share my experiences going down this road. Atm my wife carries the phone half the time so email or phone me if you'd like to talk shop, swap pics and whatnot. I can give my advice however noob it may be and I'll be the first to tell you.

Skills: Customer Service, Retail Management, Waste Management, Airbrushing, Nagging husband, Automotive work... I'll add more later if I find something I may have been useful for in the past.
              Some foam carving, Tombstone construction, Monster Mudd projects (tried many things), Have tried Tuff ll hard coatings and others, have experience with epoxy stuff but Allen knows more.

Dewayne Lawrence
              quality.parts09@yahoo.com
              facebook.com/nightterrors.nea
              870-586-8289

Comment

Mike Chambers

I have been in the haunt industry for about 13 years both professional and home haunting. I can build,paint and design sets,great idea man, train actors (not just words but the creep factor), train security, crowed control(Trained and certified in 3 states). If I can help in anyway please feel free to contact me I am located in Philadelphia,PA. The best way is by email. Chambersjwu99@verizon.net

BTW Allen I just spit out my soda on that one. Thanks for the great laugh. Very funny. I can picture a Jamaican hat on your avatar. lol
                Last edited by Mike Chambers; 08-24-2012, 04:40 PM.
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Timmy G

I don't have a lot to bring to the table, but I'm happy to share whatever I do know. I'm new (first year) to this whole running / owning a haunt thing - but I've been acting in them for 6 years. I'm decent with set design and construction - I feel like my real strength is in character development.

Also, not haunt related - my "real" job is running an auto shop - so if you guys ever have questions on vehicle repair, I'm your man.

Best way to contact me is email - carnagecrewva@gmail.com
                  Good deals with : brad, smiley, capt. chaos, fables studios

www.fearthegallows.com

Comment

Timmy G

I don't have a lot to bring to the table, but I'm happy to share whatever I do know. I'm new (first year) to this whole running / owning a haunt thing - but I've been acting in them for 6 years. I'm decent with set design and construction - I feel like my real strength is in character development.

Also, not haunt related - my "real" job is running an auto shop - so if you guys ever have questions on vehicle repair, I'm your man.

Best way to contact me is email - carnagecrewva@gmail.com
                    Good deals with : brad, smiley, capt. chaos, fables studios

www.fearthegallows.com

Comment

Jordan C

I have been in the haunt industry for over 10 years, working mostly in acting, set design, and prop making. For my day job for the last 5 years or so I have been an SEO/Social Media/PPC marketer for various clients on the internet. I have a lot of experience in that and would be happy to shed any light on how to get more people to your haunt's website, need something super in depth we can work out a trade or something

If you want to contact me PM me or email me at jordan@kpbequities.com thanks guys! happy to be of any help
                      Just your friendly neighborhood...........awe hell I can't think of anything witty

Comment

Nathan
                        nathancpolanco@gmail.com

I have experience with strict fire marshals and building plan checkers. From the planning stages at the city hall to the inspections, I'm pretty knowledgeable about Building and Fire Codes. Available to speak to anyone facing problems in these areas.

Comment

Theater Techy guy

Great idea Allen!

I have been involved in theater tech since high school. That means i have done set design, special effects, fly effects (flying people around a room), pyro technics (although I have stayed away from this for awhile now), and much more. I am a lighting designer and audio engineer, and Chief Electrician at the local amphitheatre for many years (retired from that job - day work got in the way).

My true profession is marketing, which comes in real handy for the haunt! I have been haunting for many years on different scales, starting out as a home haunter. I would be happy to share whatever knowledge I can with you by email or cell phone. Emails I check on a regular basis but cell phone can be difficult at times. Try either one. email address and cell number below!

Travis Russell
                          (919) 518-6557
                          bigt@productionsonline.com
                          Travis "Big T" Russell
                          President
                          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

.. and I "Bring To the table..'

.. one very small, screaming termite!
                            "Is this the table you have been talking about! YUM!"
                            Rumor has it Mr. "mite" likes to weaken the table right under someone's leaning elbows, then they smack their forehead hard on the table when he is done!
                            He is so ambitious!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

networks work indeed

Hello fellow haunters,
                              I've been working with many haunts of all shapes and sizes for 6 years.
                              I would be put myself in a jack of all trades group, but I am great at making just about anything stand out above the crowrd.
                              If you need anything feel free to call or text me.
                              haunt man (443) 454-0395

Comment

Working...
                              X