Tear Down Haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tear Down Haunts

Ive been in the haunt industry for 10 years now and let me tell you, setting up haunts in 1 month and then taking them down in the matter of 2 weeks is really difficult!
    I just wanted to post this thread and give everyone who has/ works at a tear down haunt a round of applause!

Everyone have a great season!

Scare ya later
    -Nic

In the middle of doing it right now and it is grueling. I would so love to get a permanent location.
    http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Until we purchase a permanent building, we only have 2 weeks to set up and 5 days to tear down.:twisted:
      www.nightmareslive.com

Comment

Crazy time about to start

We are allowed to start at our location on the 1st of Sept and work day and night to put on the show that we put on. We have recieved high ratings from a group called Baltimore Scare Crew that go up and down the east coast rating haunts. Not only does it take us a month to build but it only takes us a week to tear down and pack up 8 trailers. Good luck to all of you guys this haunt year.

Comment

Try one and a half days to build up and one night to tear down.

C.

Comment

Until we got out location and even the first two years there was 3 months build and 3 to 4 weeks tear down, the only good thing was that every year was totally different
            Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

One week to set up and one week to tear down. Yesterday was a full day, 4 of us, unpacking and repacking everything into bins per room. Long day, but so much fun!!

Comment

How about finding a new location, building a 30,000 sq ft. detailed haunt in 3 weeks and tearing down and packing into trailers in 2 days. Happened to me in 2001 after we lost the use of our building 3 weeks before opening. Thankfully we had about 35 people helping. That sucked!

This is my last year after 26 years in the business. All of those years it was a tear down situation until 2003. It's just what you have to go through if you want to be a haunted attraction owner, unless you are lucky enough, and have enough money to find a long term building right off the bat. Call it growing pains on the way to achieving your ultimate goals!

But if I were to ever open again, I would never do a tear down haunt under any circumstance. Just too hard, tearing down after the long stressful season. Permanent building or nothing!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction (The Final Chapter)
                www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
                1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

We do it circus / carnival style for sure don't we ? ;D

It is really difficult, one day I do hope to have a permanent location..it would be great to build all year long..instead just a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                  X