Clay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay

Looking to get into sculpting and mask making seeing what type of clay people use? Is the monster clay worth the extra money to buy or just go with the cheaper stuff?

Kyle Guillette
    Kyle Guillette
    Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Monster Makers clay is defiantly worth the extra money. I have made my best sculpts using his clay. I have sculpted from Roma to chavant nsp and finally to monster clay and Arnold goldmans formula wins hands down. I honestly wish I used his clay from the beginning. The last I knew he had some samples available give them a call and see if you can get a sample from him. Plus his book is also very helpful on the subject. Id order the book and see about the sample from him to see if you like it.

Comment

Already have the book definitely informative,but alright probably will go with the monster clay then also.

Kyle Guillette
      Kyle Guillette

Comment

I love monster clay I use it or water based clay for all my sculpting.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

WED clay (walter elias disney)...aka EM-217.. you can order from Laguna clay or Burman industries.

Comment

...and if you want to really learn how to sculpt go to stanwinstonschool.com pay the monthly charge..I think it 29 bucks and stream all the videos. Plus you will learn everything else too.

Comment

Thanks for the replies also for the gypsum cement what does everyone use for that? Is there something you can get at a hardware store or just order ultracal 30 offline?

Kyle Guillette
              Kyle Guillette

Comment

If you are wanting a mold that lasts a long time and you don't need speed drying get ultra cal 30.. look locally since it is expensive to ship. You can find sometimes at building supply stores but not the commercial ones. And if you want it to last a really really long time you can do your drip coat with a green dental stone mixed with Ultra cal.

Comment

def. monster makers clay,I think its the best.Smooths easy if you need to melt it and pour it.l

Comment

Working...
                  X